Arc 7: Royal Deceit (275)

It was always tranquil in the capital city of Tian but outside the borders of prefects and towns, war is raging. The peace treaty with Xuan failed and its warlord swore to eradicate every Tian royalty, including their spouses and descendants. Tian has been prosperous for several years that no one challenged its might, causing its prowess to slowly drop. On the other hand, Xuan rose in two years time. It was still premature yet the strength it possess defies expectations. Cities after cities were lost, Tian is about to come to an end.

Hong Cha is calmly waiting everyday outside her palace hall. She often looked up to the sky, whether cloudy or bright as she kept hearing her servants talking about the terrifying news everyone was receiving lately. Xuan was unstoppable and even Emperor Yong decided to leave and deal with Warlord Xuan. It was a very noble yet worrying action.

Just as Hong Cha glanced at the moon gate, she saw Gu Jiaoyue passing by. He was not in his dragon robes but in a simple refined martial suit. There are several guards outside that are stopping any ministers from entering the inner court just to stop Gu Jiaoyue's decision.

Gu Jiaoyue must have sensed her and paused. He hesitantly turned to her to see the same desolate Hong Cha. There was no emotion like before. The hatred and disgust she once thrown to him are nowhere to be found. She is the only one who recognized the situation, she knows there is no future for him, for her, and everyone related to House Gu. She lost hope and was only waiting for a day to arrive.

Unexpectedly, Hong Cha stood up and spoke to Xiao Wen. Her eyes are still on Gu Jiaoyue though Xiao Wen appeared startled by her request. She was determined and Xiao Wen have no choice but leave. Hong Cha strode towards Gu Jiaoyue as he waited for her. Perhaps she will finally say farewell and is looking forward for his death?

In any case, he won't have any qualms. He had kept her by his side for many years and the result never favored him. If they have a child today, it still won't be an excuse for her to forgive him.

Hong Cha stopped in front of him just as Xiao Wen came back, hiding something from her sleeve. Gu Jiaoyue was unable to notice, he can only see Hong Cha at the moment. He have a lot to confess but it won't change anything. He'd rather keep it and move on for a next lifetime.

"The day you received me as your concubine, I vowed half hearted, I commenced the rites half hearted." Hong Cha moved her hand behind her back. Xiao Wen nervously handed her what she had asked. She intently looked through him and thought, Gu Jiaoyue had wasted his time on her. He would have been someone better if she never existed or they never met. "I, Hong Cha, is the bane of your presence, Gu Jiaoyue."

"Your Highness!"

The servants shouted in fright when she revealed a small knife. Gu Jiaoyue widened his eyes, doubting if he should stop her by hurting her or not. Her next action made them stunned. Hong Cha had cut her fifth finger. She knelt down in pain and bit her lip to stop herself from screaming.

"Hong Cha!" He quickly reacted to hold her. Gu Jiaoyue tore a portion of his sleeve and hastily wrapped it around her hand to stop the bleeding. Only he was sane to move since the female servants are incapable facing such predicament. "Why did you-"

"The red string is always tied with the fifth one. Cutting it means I don't want anything to do with you in our next life." Hong Cha weakly raised her head. She has been accused for being a vixen, for seducing the heir of House Gu, Emperor Yong, and Warlord Xuan. Once she reincarnates, she doesn't want to be with any of these two kings. She will escape her fate with them and reunite with Gu Zixing. She will be the one to make up for what she had lacked.

"Is this your goodbye?" Gu Jiaoyue finds it hateful. She is really going this far just to separate from him. One look from her eyes, he knew she was waiting for Gu Zixing on the other side. Even if it sounds ridiculous, she is looking forward for her reincarnation and find Gu Zixing.