Arc 7: Royal Deceit (212)

In the passing days, Gu Zixing didn't wake up but he showed signs of recovering. Hong Cha has nothing much to do and asked Alexander to teach her medicines. She followed him to a mountain to pick herbs, specially those meant for Gu Zixing. She is always careful not to waste any of those herbs since they are getting rare.

One night, Hong Cha stayed up late to study a book of poisons. She is getting tired so she decided to rest. As she strode to her room, her attention drifted to Gu Zixing's chamber. Hong Cha found herself drawn to the closed door. Unable to stop her urge, Hong Cha headed into the opposite room. She immediately saw the motionless Gu Zixing on the bed. He lies alone, serene and no longer ill. Hong Cha got close and rested her head on the bedside.

"Sir Gu, when will you become conscious?" She weakly asked, her voice nasal and sweet to the ears. Hong Cha heard no response. She slowly held his hand and added, "Wake up. I hate it when you're not talking to me anymore. I want to hear your voice again, and tell me you'll protect me. Sir Gu..."

There was no sound from Gu Zixing. Hong Cha felt hopeless. She stood up and leaned closer.

"Sir Gu, I will take away your first kiss if you won't get up." Hong Cha threatened but it was useless.

Who was she fooling? She just wants to molest him. And since Alexander is asleep, no one is around, then she can do whatever she wants.

Hong Cha breathed out nervously. She drew closer to Gu Zixing and closer her eyes slowly. Her soft plump lips pressed on his thin cold ones. It felt too real she can't get enough. Hong Cha moved her lips before parting. Her sanity came back and a cloud of shame poured over her.

"Am I crazy?!"

She doesn't know.

The reason behind this is that she can't think clearly whenever she is alone with him. Hong Cha held back her frustrated scream. She needs to stay away from Gu Zixing for a while. She needs to get rid of this-, this idiocy drama!

The next morning, Alexander was looking for Hong Cha. He found her asleep next to Gu Zixing, her head on the bedside with her arms as her pillow while she sits on the floor.

"Miss Camellia?" Alexander called lightly but it is enough to awaken her. The girl realized she was sleeping close to Gu Zixing. Her embarrassment was obvious on her face but Alexander had already guessed she have a crush on his friend. He only smiled and said, "Miss Camellia, please help me gather some herbs outside. It is essential for Prince Yun's recovery."

"Oh." Hong Cha have no way to reply. She cleared her throat and followed Alexander.

At mid noon, a soft brisk of wind entered the room through the golden-permitted sunlight window. Gu Zixing's eyelashes fluttered gently like the lush foliages. He looked around to see the familiar room.

"Miss Hong!" He immediately sat up upon recalling the last situation they faced. Gu Zixing felt the scabbing wound tear apart. He gritted his teeth and grunted. "Miss Hong..."

"Master Gu, Master Gu!" Kong's voice made him turn to the window.

Gu Zixing was half elated to know he is in Alexander's humble abode but he worries where Hong Cha is. However, his worry didn't last. He saw two figures arriving from the forest. What intrigued him were Hong Cha being carried by Alexander. He can hear her laugh at Alexander's joke. She look quite relaxed and happy with him, and it was effortless for her to smile.

He suddenly felt odd. The feeling seemed to clench his heart and make him frown as his thoughts wondered insecurities. Gu Zixing doesn't like this.

"Miss Camellia, do wait here. I have to fetch the kit I always use." Alexander placed Hong Cha on a divan near the fireplace. He left Hong Cha later on.

Hong Cha's smile faded when she remembered she failed to pick the ling needed for Gu Zixing's supplement in case he wakes up since Alexander had a guess he will soon recover. She fiddled with her scratched hands and ignored the pain from her knee. Hong Cha fell because the ling grew at a high little form of ground. She used rocks to step on for her height but she failed, the rocks stumbled and she had a crash. Luckily, it wasn't that high and she gained bruise and cuts.

"Why are you outside with him?" A familiar voice made her stiff. It was the same gentle and dreamy captivating voice that entrapped her.

Hong Cha looked up in surprise to see Gu Zixing getting closer. She was so happy she can't express it in any word.

"Sir Gu!" She tried to stand but her knee pained and she has to hide it from him. Hong Cha sat back while concealing her pain. He doesn't want her to carry weapons and endanger herself, if he were to know what happened today, he will get very angry. She doesn't want to argue.

"Miss Hong, you seem to be pretty close with Alexander." Gu Zixing said and his tone slowly became low and cold. He knew she noticed.

"We did nothing wrong-"

"Then why is he carrying you? Miss Hong, as a noble lady, you should have been taught the differences of men and women. Don't make an excuse when I was carrying you because we have no choice, it was life and death. What about this time?" He pressed on, causing Hong Cha to pause in disbelief.