Arc 7: Royal Deceit (227)

Hong Cha breathed, she's safe. However, when her eyes fell to the side, she saw Gu Zixing kneeling beside her with his brows knitted.

"Camellia, you don't look well." Gu Zixing had enough of her antics. First, avoiding him. Second, ignoring him. She could have choked to death if she didn't grab a drink on time! Why didn't she accept what he offered? Does this have something to do with Se Hong?

"Huh? No, I'm alright. I'm completely fine." Hong Cha coughed and turned away. Her eyes rounded when Gu Zixing pulled her up.

"I'll excuse Camellia first. She have a fever." Gu Zixing straightforwardly lied and carried Hong Cha in his arms.

"What? No I'm not! Aunt, Uncle!" Hong Cha called for their help but she was sold out to Gu Zixing.

"Zi'er, take care of her."

"That's not good. Don't worry Cha'er, our son can take care of you."

Meng Ziyan sounded worried and Gu Shang had his thumbs up for Gu Zixing. Hong Cha should have known, she can't count on his parents! She clearly have no fever, someone help her!

Se Hong wanted to follow but Meng Ziyan suddenly blocked her path. "Xiao Hong, we hadn't had a bonding for seven years. Come, let's go out and shop at the market."

"But, Auntie..."

Hong Cha was busy wondering where Gu Zixing will take her. She was brought down in a nearby courtyard. Hong Cha wanted to glare in defense but Gu Zixing's less gentle and extra cold look caused her to step back. She felt the cold wall behind her and a realization dawned into her. Like she expected, Gu Zixing stepped closer. This is the legendary trapping-interrogation tactic of every male lead in a love story she read!

"Don't you dare put your hand...there." Hong Cha's shoulder slumped when Gu Zixing trapped her on the wall. "It's happening, oh no... What should I do? Uhm, maybe act shy like those female leads?"

Gu Zixing only wanted to test her mood but he didn't expect the Hong Cha he knew got weird. She shyly looked down and would glance at him like an innocent girl. His lip twitched as he tried hard not to lose his calmness. Hong Cha will never be shy. It only happens if she had done something wrong or the situation is at her disadvantage. Since he tried to flirt, she wouldn't respond. That means her mood is off!

"W-what?" Hong Cha stuttered and thought, "Did I do that right? Uh, what will happen next if a female lead does that? Oh, right, the male lead will say something unexpected!"

"You're weird today."

"..." Hong Cha.

That was...*cough, unexpected.

"Did I annoy you again? Was it because of last night?" Gu Zixing saw her expression turn sour and it was a red flag for him that she will walk out any time soon so he changed his tone to concerned. This girl is so difficult to cope with. He can't predict her thoughts or temper and he, like a fool, will do anything to just coax her. It's not that he doesn't want to, he can't stop, he doesn't know how to care less for her.

"Huh? No, no. Last night was great, uh-, scratch that!" Hong Cha's face reddened to the extreme. She can't focus on what to say!

"Does she mean the kiss was great?" Gu Zixing thought in disbelief. After a moment of silence, he chuckled. He tried hard not to laugh with his fist on his lips. She's definitely back, her shamelessness is back.

"Hey, why are you laughing?" Hong Cha puffed her cheeks. Gu Zixing still can't stop but he spared her a glimpse with a smile so captivating she no longer felt annoyed.

"I'm sorry. You were just too honest." He cleared his throat to stop. Gu Zixing then knew she is not angry, something is bothering her. "Camellia, why are you avoiding me, hm?"

"I wasn't!" She lied with a convincing face but Gu Zixing knows better.

"You won't say?" Gu Zixing leaned closer. He was only looking for a way to blackmail her but she effortlessly gave him a clue. Hong Cha leaned backwards. He remembered last night that after their kiss, she is afraid if things get serious. "Tell me, or you wouldn't like the consequence."

"Since when were you like this?"

"I really wonder why." His eyes narrowed on Hong Cha, clearly implying she influenced him. "Don't change the subject, Camellia."

"Well... I, I only dreamt of you last night!" Hong Cha confessed. She bit her lip and waited for his reaction.

"So? How did that dream go and why is it bothering you?" Strange, Gu Zixing also dreamt of her. It was inappropriate though. It was extremely amorous and he had to take a cold bath early at dawn just to relieve the effect.

"Nothing...?" She nervously inched back. Gu Zixing raised a brow. His lips parted again to ask her but Hong Cha is not willing to admit she had a naughty dream. Thus, she dropped her armors and kissed Gu Zixing.

He was ultimately stunned by her bold move. Gu Zixing knew it was wrong but his body won't listen to his thoughts. He didn't push her away and tried to deepen the kiss. Hong Cha suddenly parted which disappointed him.

"I love you!" She knew he will press on the matter after a rushed kiss so she decided to and divert his attention.

Gu Zixing was indeed surprised. He was left speechless. Hong Cha nervously looked at him.

"If, if you love Se Hong..." Hong Cha assumed he is confused or he will say it is ridiculous. She felt her eyes sting and tears formed. She should have lied her way out...

"I don't have that sort of feeling for Se Hong." Gu Zixing stated. "Camellia, you're not lying or pranking me, right?"

He hoped she would say she is honest. It was difficult to believe because he was used to her playfulness, that he believed she isn't serious with him and she is just teasing him. If her confession was real, he will surely be the happiest person. If only she admits.

"Got you!" Hong Cha laughed as if it was all a joke. She is not yet ready for this.

Gu Zixing's complexion changed. He stood there in silence. Hong Cha's laughter slowly died down. When she looked up, Gu Zixing seemed to have ran out of patience.

"Gu Zixing?" Did she go too far?

"Talk to me if you are serious." He turned his against Hong Cha. Gu Zixing had enough of her kidding. He knew it, he will never be significant for her.

"Wait, Gu Zixing..." Hong Cha tried to get close but his sudden change caused her to stay far. "You don't have to be mad. I was just joking."

"It's not funny. You fooled me enough." Gu Zixing was hurt but his tone is cold. He hoped too much.