Arc 7: Royal Deceit (270)

"You're bleeding." Hong Cha casted aside her other thoughts and turned to the wound on him. She closed her eyes and decisively told herself not to look at him. He might discover her feelings. Perhaps he look so similar to Gu Zixing, she became afraid to fall for him. She reminded herself he is not her true husband. "Rest, I will cure you. If we still have to go to the capital, it will worsen."

Nian Xiaoyuan raised a brow. Still, he followed her instruction and watched her leave. He nearly slapped himself. Was he not worried she tricked him and left with those men?

His suspicion steadied when Hong Cha returned. She was riding Xiao Cha proficiently which is unexpected. Hong Cha swiftly got down the horse while carrying some grasses. She looked at the wound with a complicated face.

"Remove your clothes." Hong Cha advised and used a pebble to crush the herbs she found.

Nian Xiaoyuan wanted to scoff but he found himself undressing. He paused and his face blackened. What's wrong with him?

"Warlord Xuan, do you want to get infected or what?" Hong Cha asked in annoyance. Once Nian Xiaoyuan removed his upper clothes, she tore her skirt and used it to wrap the herbs closer to his wound. She made sure its not too tight or loose. Hong Cha breathed a sigh of relief. Fortunately, the wound is not dark, there is no poison. "I think it's better now."

"Mn." Nian Xiaoyuan hummed. He looked at Hong Cha and noticed she was purposely avoiding meeting his gaze. "Hey, look at me."

"No." Hong Cha bit her lip. She wanted to, but she is afraid her feelings will overwhelm her if she does.

"Fine." Nian Xiaoyuan impatiently waved his hand. "I didn't know you can ride a mount. Emperor Yong taught you?"

Hong Cha smiled bitterly. "My father did."

"Oh." He knows nothing about Imperial Noble Consort Hua's ancestry. What he knows is that she is a pampered concubine, the favorite of Emperor Yong. "Why did you save me?"

This time, Hong Cha can't stand herself. She raised her head and unconsciously placed her clenched fist on her chest where her unstable heart thumped. Hong Cha didn't expect that after two years, she will meet someone with the same appearance as Gu Zixing. It was only his eyes are grey and languid, not the one she used to behold, which contains a humble and gentle soul.

Nian Xiaoyuan is sure he saw her emotions clearly. The moment she looked up to him, her eyes flashed remorse and...love?

Without a word, Hong Cha got lost as she remembered her past. She stretched her delicate small hand forward and touched his cold countenance. It felt surreal, and it drew her back to her bittersweet memories. Hong Cha was brought back to reality when Nian Xiaoyuan pushed her down. She was taken aback.

"I... I didn't mean to!" Hong Cha quickly tried to find an excuse. At this instant, Nian Xiaoyuan is looking at her dangerously.

"Why? Aren't you appreciating my looks? Then let me repay you." Nian Xiaoyuan sneered. He effortlessly loosened her waistband which alarmed Hong Cha.

"No! Stop! What are you doing?!" Hong Cha struggled in horror. What did she do to arouse him? She just looked at him and touched his face, nothing else!

"Shh. If you shout this loudly, people will hear you." Nian Xiaoyuan whispered in a devious tone, causing Hong Cha to lower her voice.

"You... Let me go, Warlord Xuan. I am not part of your harem!" She emphasized but she received a mocking laugh.

"You will, soon." He turned her back and made her face a boulder. Hong Cha's hands were pressed on the rough surface and felt his cold hand get through her thin dress.

Hong Cha hummed in annoyance. His cold temperature conflicted with summer's heat and doused her warm body with a different fire. She moved herself to struggle but her resistance was futile. Nian Xiaoyuan pressed her closer to the rock. He squeezed her softness rudely, eliciting a grunt from her. Just by listening at such sensitive response made him hard.

"Y-you!" Hong Cha's eyes widened to feel his hardness inflate behind her. She turned to reprimand him but Nian Xiaoyuan caught her lips. Her heart panicked, he's not going to do it with her in this place, right!?

Nian Xiaoyuan kissed her to suffocation. He muddled her head and caught her tongue time and time again. He sucked obsessively until embarrassing wet sounds reverberated in the place. Hong Cha's body softened from the lack of oxygen. She didn't know when but she was turned over again and met his sturdy body. Her eyes closed tightly in discomfort. Finally, he released her ruddy lips. Her cheeks were flushed red and a thin sliver connected them, showcasing a provocative sight.

"No wonder you are the favorite." Nian Xiaoyuan whispered to her ear in a low alluring tone. Just a glance at her little sultry appearance can evoke sinful thoughts. He is not ignorant too and he had indulged himself with this pleasure for so long however, the woman before him seemed to provoke madness he doesn't realize he had. A proof of it is that he wants her at this moment, in this open field, and it is extremely inappropriate.

"Warlord Xuan!" Hong Cha was stunned when he pressed on her harder. She can feel his tough body bully her delicate figure and what made her ashamed is his obvious desire. She gritted her teeth and said, "Warlord Xuan, I know your enmity with Tian and His Majesty, is this your way of offending Tian? How lowly can you get!?"

Her refute made Nian Xiaoyuan scoff. She just gave him an excuse and he was never a good guy. He curled his lips to a dangerous smile and breathed from her slender neck. Her natural fragrance enticed him to be atrocious.

"Say, didn't you look at me in a strange way? That feeling in your gaze, I am very familiar with, I had seen it from my women. Why are you refusing, hm?" Nian Xiaoyuan asked despite his hands restlessly stroking her satiny skin. He had tasted countless beauties but she strangely made him feel content. As if she was enough for a lifetime.

Hong Cha bit her lip, she chose not to answer. She knew her feelings went uncontrollable when she saw his face. He just reminds her of him, but their personality are so different, it was like black and white. It was so apparent. But, why will fate be this cruel to have her cross path with someone similar to Gu Zixing?