Arc 7: Royal Deceit (222)

Gu Zixing returned home quite late. He really wanted to rest. He thought his master can help him avoid Hong Cha but it was a mistake. These few days, his trainings caused him to be restless and his master didn't forgive him for being absent in four years. When will this suffering stop, ah?

Gu Zixing sighed and raised his head. He was stunned to see Hong Cha sitting at the stairs leading to his residence's gate. She is shivering from the coldness of mid-autumn. Although she have a cloak on, it wasn't enough for her fragile body.

He really can't avoid her this time...

"Camellia, what are you doing here?" Gu Zixing hurried to her direction. He took off his outer robe and helped her wear it. The moment he touched her hand, he was concerned how cold it was. "Get inside."

Hong Cha didn't say no. She waited for him here so she can reconcile. But, she thought he is angry. Why does he care now?

"Young Master?" Zhao Xue saw them arrive while she was on her way to her room.

"Zhao Xue, prepare a warm tea for Miss Hong." Gu Zixing instructed. He failed to note Zhao Xue's frown.

Zhao Xue can't help but glare at Hong Cha's back. What is this woman planning? Acting like a martyr to get Gu Zixing's attention?

The fireplace was lit by Gu Zixing. Zhao Xue brought tea for both of them and left afterwards. Hong Cha looked at Gu Zixing who sat across her. He doesn't look friendly like before. He sat there with an imposing aura, a leg above the knee, his elbow on the armrest and his head leaned on his loose fist. His gaze is unreadable which turned her nervous.

"Why are you out there?" He was the one to break the silence first.

"I was waiting for you." Hong Cha held the cup of warm tea to comfort herself. She glanced at him like a vulnerable creature. "Gu Zixing, do you hate me?"

"Hate you?" Gu Zixing got confused. He composed his posture and looked at her. "Why will you think of that?"

"Because I kissed you." She straightforwardly said. Gu Zixing choked. He started coughing that Hong Cha quickly handed him the tea. "Are you alright?"

"You, can't you speak a little less forward?" Gu Zixing said after drinking. He was completely taken aback.

"No." The young girl was glad he isn't that angry. She smiled and leaned closer as Gu Zixing looked away. "Gu Zixing, you're really a sissy. That half-hearted kiss bothered you so much?"

"Camellia." He mentioned her name to give a warning. Not that he is repelled, he only thinks it isn't good for her. He understood how disadvantage this era is for women.

"What?" Her smile became playful. Hong Cha took a seat on the table to face him closer. She is in the mood to make fun of Gu Zixing. "As Sir Nian, you slept with me in one bed. As Sir Gu, you removed my shoe. As Prince Yun, you held my hand. What else didn't we break aside from a real kiss and bed scenes?"

Gu Zixing really wanted to hide in a hole. This woman, she doesn't know boundaries! What she mentioned were proof he lost.

"I'm just joking." Hong Cha saw his flushed cheeks. His reaction always compensates her. She stood up and returned to her chair. "Gu Zixing, I only wanted to clarify things between us. I thought you got angry when I kissed you. You know I don't want you to leave me behind..."

Her tone saddened. She regards Gu Zixing as her last string she can cling on. If he were to distance himself, she might not take it well.

"I only got busy." Gu Zixing spoke up. "Uhm, I wasn't avoiding you. I got busy with the tasks my master wanted me to finish. I left for four years and he held grudge at my absence. I was his most terrible student."

"Really? You're not angry?"

"No, silly." He heaved a sigh and stood up. Gu Zixing paused because his back hurts. "Ow! I really need a rest."

"Aunt Ziyan told me your master is a general. I can guess you went through a rough training." Hong Cha tittered. She helped Gu Zixing stand and laughed, his young face sure contrasted with his old behavior. "Back in the brothel, my senior sisters taught me massage. It can relieve your stress."

"Do it, I can't live like this."

A moment later...

"Are you sure I have to undress?!"

Hong Cha covered her mouth to stop laughing. This pretty monk...

"I won't take advantage of you, I promise." Hong Cha vowed. She sincerely looked at his eyes and it worked, although he is hesitant. "I will leave, and by the time I get in, you're already on the bed. It's okay if you were a towel by your waist. Remember to lie on your stomach."

The moment Hong Cha left, Gu Zixing no longer worries. After months of being with Hong Cha, he knows how mischievous she can be. It was like he is the prey!

Unfortunately, he needs to rest badly. Being trained by a grand general is very difficult.

Hong Cha waited outside patiently. She heard Gu Zixing's cue a bit later. Gu Zixing is already on the bed. Hong Cha tittered, he had his head buried on a pillow for some reason. She went for the oil Zhao Xue fetched minutes ago. Hong Cha applied it and carefully pressed her palms on his back.

"You have a tense back, huh." Hong Cha murmured to start a conversation. Gu Zixing hummed, he even had his eyes closed as he relished the sensation. "Gu Zixing, can I ask? I am sure you told me you never had a bed servant. How did Zhao Xue get here?"

"Zhao Xue?" Gu Zixing opened his eyes a bit. "Mn... She is Jiaoyue's handmaiden years ago. He gave her the name Mi Yan but he suddenly sent her to me on my sixteenth birthday. As her new master, I changed her name to Zhao Xue. Jiaoyue originally wanted her to be my bed servant but I instructed her she doesn't have to. I raised her rank as my personal maid so she won't feel wronged."

"Oh. Is she acquainted with other princes?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

"I'm only curious." Hong Cha lied. She felt something big will happen. Zhao Xue and Gu Chi Lian...