Arc 7: Royal Deceit (274)

Nian Xiaoyuan was smiling the whole time. He can't stop so since a great beauty is feeding him. She didn't show any shyness other women has, her calmness is remarkable. On the other side, Hong Cha was recalling another portion of her memoirs. Gu Zixing got sick because of her carelessness that day. She used to feed him and he took advantage of that, wearing the same smile Nian Xiaoyuan has. Hong Cha peeked at Nian Xiaoyuan. He looks a lot like her husband, only that his grey eyes are different.

"Warlord Xuan, the painting you have is out of date. If you wish to truly know what Gu Zixing looks like, it is futile effort." Hong Cha said which stunned Nian Xiaoyuan. She noticed him biting his lip with his intention of refusing written on his face. "Warlord Xuan, why will you investigate him?"

"I was just curious." He looked away and scoffed. He was restless to know who Gu Zixing is, everything about him and Hong Cha. Nian Xiaoyuan was used being chased by women but not the one to chase a woman. If she were to guess right, he will feel embarrassed. True he is interested with her but he will have enough time to conquer Tian and gain her as a bonus. He doesn't have to rush. Just that, Gu Zixing seemed to be his potential competitor than Gu Jiaoyue.

Hong Cha said no response. Curiosity is not enough for an excuse in risking his own life just for that. There must be another reason but she is not into it.

With his injury, Nian Xiaoyuan can't go anywhere outside the room. Hong Cha is good enough to bring him his meals and even burrowed clothes from Gu Yuan. Her servants noticed no change. She thought it was all safe when Nian Xiaoyuan daringly got out of the room to look for her. He only took a few steps away from the door when she arrived. She quickly pushed him back inside and closed the door.

"You are in Chang'an! Others may recognize you!" Hong Cha scolded him with a low tone. He still have his proud grin and high brows to judge her in a glance.

"Worried?" He asked. She took care of him for a few days and he was unconsciously grateful for that. Her concern for him also warmed his seemingly cold heart. Alas, he was healing fast and she became less attentive which felt like a life threatening disease for him! Like a vulnerable fragile lady, he wants to be the one pampered by Hong Cha!

"Of course! If they saw you here, they will brand me a traitor! I do want death but I don't want it to be torturous!" Hong Cha was frustrated how he deliberately makes trouble for her. She is aware he is about to completely heal and this farce is nearing its end. The very reason she is slowly getting detached from him.

"Who said I will let you die?" Nian Xiaoyuan won't let her off. She keeps mentioning she wanted swift death but she is still useful for his amusement. Why will he let her die? "You won't get in trouble. I just wanted to go outside. I can't stay inactive in this room, it's too depressing."

"You-"

Pa!

Nian Xiaoyuan slammed his palm on the door behind her, his gaze became hooded but sharp. "Let me go out."

"Then go! And don't come back!" Hong Cha opened the door willingly. She kicked him out like nothing.

The door closed with a thud. Nian Xiaoyuan can't tell what to feel as he stood there like a lost puppy. A man passed by with his wife. He glanced at Nian Xiaoyuan and patted his shoulder.

"I feel you. That's why we can't mess with our wives." The man said as if to coax Nian Xiaoyuan and left hurriedly.

"I'm not..." Nian Xiaoyian gritted his teeth. He was not kicked out by his wife, alright!

Nian Xiaoyuan rushed away in annoyance. He walked around the inn to find out it was something luxurious. On his way back, he heard someone shouting at the empty corridor.