Arc 7: Royal Deceit (223)

The next day, Gu Zixing woke up with a better mood. His body no longer aches like yesterday. He owes Hong Cha, and he had done her nothing good. He should tour her outside in exchange.

Hong Cha was in bliss when Gu Zixing invited her to go out. She picked a cute light blue dress and let the servants arrange her hair. Hong Cha looked at herself from the mirror. She glanced down while touching the red lotus silk Gu Zixing gave her back at the northern regimen.

"Young Miss, you are really the luckiest lady." The servant said and sighed in admiration. "Countless beauties had tried to even catch a second of His Highness's attention. However, Young Miss is able to be with His Highness. Please be careful."

"Why?" Hong Cha paused. She turned to the maid who is worried.

"The admirers of Prince Yun are plenty. They can be hostile too. If they were to see Young Miss with His Highness, it might annoy them."

"I won't care." Hong Cha smiled cheerfully. Her thoughts weren't affected. "Prince Yun is there to protect me. He promised, so, I must trust him he will."

The maid was stunned. She recovered and started arranging the accessories for Hong Cha's hair. She secretly looked at Hong Cha and shook her head. Hong Cha relies on Gu Zixing too much. If he won't be there for her, can she stand on her own?

Tian's capital city is boisterous. Hong Cha enjoyed the entertainment and stores where Gu Zixing brought her.

"I wasn't wrong befriending you. You're rich!" Hong Cha jokingly said when Gu Zixing booked the best spot in a tea house. She gasped at the window's view. She can see the stage where the performers are. Hong Cha turned to Gu Zixing and added, "I wish I am as rich as you, or even half your money!"

"Then, if I am not rich? You won't stay?" He asked, trying to cope with the topic she started.

Hong Cha laughed. It really doesn't matter if he is not a prince, if he is not a young master. She can accept who he is and stay.

"Where are you going?" She got confused when Gu Zixing stood up. He only glanced at the window and he seemed to have spotted something.

"Wait for me here." Gu Zixing was sure he saw Alexander downstairs. Even more than that, Alexander is with that girl again.

Hong Cha frowned but she followed his words. She will wait. While watching the show below, Hong Cha heard the door open. She thought it was Gu Zixing who sat behind her.

"You won't get a good view there." Hong Cha muttered. She stiffened when she felt her hair moved to the side. Before she can speak, a hand covered her mouth and someone whispered close to her ear.

"Be quiet, Miss Hong, or should I say, Song Cha Hua?"

Her eyes widened to recognize that voice. She was pushed down the next second and her guess was confirmed. Gu Chi Lian is above her. He smiled upon seeing the fear from her gaze.

"Aren't you good at pretending to be someone decent? What if Imperial Aunt Ziyan and Imperial Uncle Shang were to know you are a prostitute?" Gu Chi Lian asked deviously. Hong Cha struggled but he reached to her waistband. She hurriedly tried to stop him. "Do you want them to know?"

Hong Cha shut her eyes. She shook her head in defeat. Meng Ziyan and Gu Shang treated her well with their hope of her becoming their daughter-in-law. If they were to know she grew up in a disgraceful place, they won't believe her. House Gu is the epitome of elegance and royalty. A prostitute is not worth living there.

"Shh, don't cry yet. I haven't done anything." Gu Chi Lian chuckled. He removed his hand from her mouth and wiped her tears gently. "Gu Zixing won't be here for a while. Why don't we take advantage of it, hm?"

"But, I, I don't want to." Hong Cha turned away and attempted to push him but he held her wrists tightly. "Get off, please, get off me."

"Will you tell anyone?"

"No, no, I will not." She resolutely answered in hopes he will leave her alone.

Gu Chi Lian grinned. He leaned down and lightly bit her earlobe. Hong Cha whimpered, helpless she can't do anything.

"Good. If this matter spreads, you will be kicked out of House Gu and before your aunt empress arrives, I will find you."

Gu Zixing walked up the stairs. He looked back and said, "Se Hong, you will meet Camellia up here. I am sure you two can get along."

"I'm relieved." A young girl followed Gu Zixing. She is definitely pretty and elegant as if born to be a model of ancient women. She is Se Hong. "I haven't been in the capital for so long ever since grandfather took me at north. Having a friend will surely help me settle here."

Gu Zixing smiled in return. He faced the hallway but he froze on his steps. Gu Chi Lian passed by his direction with a smug grin. He felt disturbed. Without a word, Gu Zixing hurried to where he left Hong Cha.

"Xing, wait!" Se Hong tried to follow him. She abruptly paused when she saw Gu Chi Lian. A horrible memory flashed in her mind that she can't even move. Fortunately, Gu Chi Lian didn't notice her.

"Camellia!" Gu Zixing opened the door. He found Camellia sitting by the window. She didn't look at him and lowered her head. "Camellia, did Chi Lian get here?"

"What are you talking about?" Hong Cha avoided his gaze. It was unexpected Gu Zixing will kneel across her and tuck her hair behind.

"You're crying." He said in worry. He really have a feeling Gu Chi Lian have something to do with this. "Camellia, tell me what bothers you. Trust me."

Hong Cha's eyes reddened. She would have told him but she saw a girl enter. Hong Cha got puzzled.

"Xing..." Se Hong stopped, meeting Hong Cha's curious gaze. She quickly noticed Gu Zixing's intimacy with Hong Cha.