Arc 7: Royal Deceit (237)

By the time Gu Zixing was done with the preparations, it was already mid noon. He volunteered to call Hong Cha for lunch. Gu Zixing hurried even if he doesn't need to. The thought of Hong Cha and Gu Jiaoyue in one place is just upsetting him. When Gu Zixing arrived, he became more unhappy. Hong Cha was laughing a bit while talking with Gu Jiaoyue. She is standing a little bit far from Gu Jiaoyue who sat on a bench under the maple tree. Hong Cha would often twirl around and gesture at Gu Jiaoyue in a very charming way. Gu Jiaoyue smiled a bit which is a rare occurrence.

"May not be as bright as the moon, but you are there for me in years to go on. Because you are the stars at night, guiding me in my darkest plight." Hong Cha recited the poem and practiced her motions. She wanted to perform this little dance for Gu Zixing tomorrow night. With the help of Gu Jiaoyue, she finally composed a heartwarming poem for her loved one. "Prince Brother, did I do it right?"

"Certainly." Gu Jiaoyue nodded. He was mesmerized by her performance. It was like he met a very charming courtesan. "But, Xiao Cha, some words are pointing to a romantic tune."

"Ah, well..." Hong Cha looked away and tried to think of an excuse. She was stunned to see Gu Zixing approaching them. "Gu Zixing, you're here?"

"Can't I?" He asked quite grimly. Hong Cha frowned, his tone is a bit odd. "Let's head to Fengye Courtyard. Jiaoyue, the servants will see you off."

"Mn. Xiao Cha, can I also receive a gift tomorrow?" Gu Jiaoyue rose from the chair and got close to Hong Cha. He is unable to see Gu Zixing's grimace.

"Will do." Hong Cha agreed. She bid farewell once Gu Jiaoyue left the courtyard. The silence in the place made her concerned. "Xiao Wen, can you bring this to my room?"

"Yes, Young Miss." Xiao Wen knew what is going on as she accepted the paper Hong Cha handed. The servants in House Gu knew they love each other but none of them wished to cause a storm by informing Gu Jiaoyue. In fact, Xiao Wen would rather let Gu Zixing end up with Hong Cha than any other women. She is very kind to be a master. Xiao Wen hurriedly rushed to the residence while giggling. She will grant them privacy~.

Hong Cha held Gu Zixing's hand and faced him. "Gu Zixing, you're jealous, aren't you?"

"No, he's your Prince Brother." Gu Zixing became sarcastic and his gaze was indifferent. Hong Cha laughed and kissed him.

"Do notice the word 'brother'. And you, you're my Gu Zixing, my Sir Gu, my Sir Nian, my everything. Heave you heard, the moon is for the night? And you for the rest of my life." Hong Cha lovingly said. Gu Zixing froze and blushed. He turned away while clearing his throat.

"We should get going." With just a bit of her sweet nothings, his mood became so much better. Him, for the rest of her life? Gu Zixing really wanted to.

"Come on, say it first." Hong Cha didn't let go and cling on him. She really enjoys it when he is shy. "Gu Zixing, I love you~."

"En, en. I know." He is helpless whenever she is this dearly. Gu Zixing sighed and turned to her, his lips arching to a charming smile. "I also love you, Camellia."

Hong Cha appreciated his words. They meant more than wealth and glory for her. Just that endearing statement, she would fight for.

"Gu Zixing, I know it's too early but can you come here tonight? I want to show you my gift for your birthday." Hong Cha reached to a decision. She will be the first to make him feel special before tomorrow arrives. Why wait for that moment when she can do it today?

"Mn, I will." Gu Zixing accepted. He was wondering what will she give him.

Hong Cha prepared the extra tea room in the residence. She emptied the place and recalled the performing stage of the brothel. She arranged the place and shifted the table and chair on another end. The incense was lit to provide a calming ambiance with the warm lanterns around too. She noted Gu Zixing's favorites and placed them on the table. Hong Cha didn't forget the caramel candies they like to share on the way here and the camellia tea he can't resist.

Gu Zixing arrived a little bit early than Hong Cha planned. She was too busy keeping things perfect that she didn't notice him. He watched silently with a laughing smile. She looks quite cute when she is worried. He also noticed the red string that tied half her hair. Gu Zixing was moved. He stepped forward and leaned close to her as Hong Cha placed the last dish on the table.

"Are you planning to make me fat?" Gu Zixing asked. Hong Cha made a little shout from shock. She slapped his chest a bit. Gu Zixing laughed at her reaction.

"You scared me." She accusingly said.

"Sorry, I won't do it again." He tried to soothe her temper and apologized softly. "What is with these arrangements?"

"Have a seat." Hong Cha led him to his seat. She went on the other side and prepared the guqin for her performance. "I made a poem for you this morning and wanted to dance with it but it won't look good without a background instrument."

"Let me do it then." Gu Zixing offered and stood up. Hong Cha looked at him in confusion. "Well, I know how to play the zither. It may be off but, I did learn when I was younger. I just got curious of the four arts women are studying."

"Then, do you know the song in An called Meeting Fireflies?" She challenged. Gu Zixing shook his head.

"If you can sing it, I will know." He may put his talent to good use tonight. Gu Zixing is good at everything, it takes him a moment to be proficient at any fields.