Idol's Secret Lover (281)

The warm fading sunlight shrouded the city of Zhejiang. Hong Cha kept her eyes outside the car's window while Wu Sheng is driving. Though he is a minor, his family has great influence in this province and he can do whatever he want. That is why he developed an unrestrained personality. He is quite rich too, and his parents spoiled him. Hong Cha only became friends with him when they are younger. She was crying after moving in Zhejiang and Wu Sheng was there to comfort her. He knows she wants her father to move in with them but her mother won't allow it. To coax her, he also said his father is not living with them which is the truth.

She had never seen his father for once but whenever she asks where he is, Wu Sheng will mention different places, even the ones in abroad. It seems his father is someone successful since he always send Wu Sheng lavish gifts for no reason. Wu Sheng lives without worries but Hong Cha is different. Her father no longer supports her when they left Xi'an. She have to help her mother delivering home baked products. Luckily, her mother's sister is there to help, she owns a wide farm in the rural areas of Zhejiang, and used her income to help Hong Cha and her mother, Duan Mei.

"Xiao Cha, is that Ning San your suitor?" Wu Sheng suddenly asked. Hong Cha raised her head and frowned. He kept his eyes on the road but was secretly thinking how to scare Ning San.

"No. He's courting Cui Shen." Hong Cha caught a thread. She smiled playfully. "Why? If Classmate Ning becomes my suitor, will you get angry?"

"What do you think?" His reply was vague but he knows himself. Ever since Hong Cha turned fifteen, he became more protective. Her allure is fatal and it was proven in the past years. Even when they are in elementary, a lot of boys will follow her and she will result to sticking close to him so they will get afraid of pursuing her. He's always infamous in every school he went through. No one will care mess with him. Thus, he took advantage of his image to intimidate her suitors.

"Well, Classmate Ning is nice. He's handsome, smart, never skips classes, respects everyone." Hong Cha counted and the two facts she threw hit his sore spot. Wu Sheng can barely get a good grade and has his own tutor at home so he can pass every quarter. "Maybe I can give him a chance?"

"I bet he is small." Wu Sheng scoffed as Hong Cha slapped his arm.

"Brother Sheng!" She widened her eyes and her cheeks went pink.

"What? I said smaller than my height!" He laughed at Hong Cha who shrunk in embarrassment. Wu Sheng looked back to the road and saw college students walking together. His dark eyes flickered.

"Fourth quarter is about to start." Hong Cha knew what he was thinking after seeing those students. "Where will go once you graduate from senior high?"

"Doesn't matter." He dismissed immediately and stepped on the accelerator. Wu Sheng felt bitter, his mother had spoken to him that he will go to a prestigious university once he graduates. Obviously, he will leave Zhejiang and stay with his father from then on.

Hong Cha sensed his gloominess. She turned the radio on and found a nice song. She hummed with the unfamiliar tune, which is off but funny. Wu Sheng can barely suppress his amused smile.

"You sound like a toad." He ridiculed, although he finds it entertaining.

"Oh, here we are." Hong Cha felt the car stop and faced the window. They are already in front of her house. "Brother Sheng, thanks for today. You're the best, ah."

"Xiao Cha." He unexpectedly held her hand that is on top of the door's handle to stop her. Wu Sheng retracts his hand, his heartbeat made him anxious. "Xiao Cha, if I leave Zhejiang one day, can you wait for me?"

"Huh?" Hong Cha was puzzled. She is aware Wu Sheng might leave Zhejiang for better education. There is a chance he might be even sent abroad since his grades are failing here.