Arc 7: Royal Deceit (267)

Mei Hua's lip twitched when complains of various customers entered her office. She is having a headache. Their orders are placed aside because of an important person. Mei Hua can't just sit and watch these people slander her hard work. She stood up and sought the private room that ordered everything in the menu. After a while, the private room's door opened and a staff led her in. She was stunned to see an outstanding man in the room. He have an arrogant and indifferent bearing around him with a touch of laziness, as if a tiger patiently stalking its prey. Mei Hua was doused with a cold water when his grey eyes swept across her.

"You are?" Nian Xiaoyuan raised a brow. The servant told him Furong Pavilion's owner is coming to speak with him but he is not in the mood to be interrupted.

"Mei Hua, Warlord Xuan. I own Furong Pavilion." Mei Hua cursed in her head and hid her face as low as possible. She had transmigrated in a beauty's body and she is aware of Nian Xiaoyuan's fondness to pretty women. She is afraid he will find trouble for her!

"So?" Unexpectedly, Nian Xiaoyuan raised a one-word question. Mei Hua was bewildered.

"Customers are complaining but, since it is Warlord Xuan and his companion, I will no longer disturb you." Mei Hua cleverly said. She glanced at the veiled woman across Nian Xiaoyuan and secretly pitied her.

"Leave." Nian Xiaoyuan saw her charming innocent face but he is no longer interested. He didn't notice his attention was all shifted to Hong Cha.

Mei Hua excused herself. She curiously looked at Hong Cha again and the wind from the window timely lifted the veil, showcasing her ruddy lips. No wonder Nian Xiaoyuan wants to be alone with her. Just that small part of her appearance is enough to rouse curiosity.

"Well, the meal is served. Why aren't you moving?" Nian Xiaoyuan turned to Hong Cha. She touched the hem of her veil, hinting that she won't show her face. Nian Xiaoyuan smirked and sat closer to her. "Alright, lift your veil and I will feed you."

"Warlord Xuan!" Hong Cha was in great disbelief. He knows no boundary!

"If you don't want to eat, then come with me to the next site." He threatened in a playful tone.

Hong Cha is hungry and she didn't eat well during the banquet. She relented while loathing him and raised the veil to show her lower face. Nian Xiaoyuan took a pause. He had never served a woman before. Although he was stunned by her looks, he knows how to be vigilant, specially since she is Emperor Yong's consort. He is aware she is a spy but he is sure he can manipulate her. Even if she exceeded a person's imagination, she is not different from bones. Yet, he actually wanted to feed her, and even insisted.

Nian Xiaoyuan doesn't understand. Still, he wanted to be a fool at the moment and carefully fed Hong Cha. The oblivious woman have no idea of his inner struggles. She felt her heart warming up as she recalled Gu Zixing again. His vow, to be the one to endure, she had always thought of it since his banishment.

"Was the food bitter?" Nian Xiaoyuan asked in displeasure. Furong Pavilion was praised for being the best diner but he clearly saw a tear drop fall.

"What?" Hong Cha stopped her reminiscence. She felt a rough cold hand touch her chin, only to find out it was damp.

"Was it so bad you have to cry? Great. I didn't know you Tian people are this picky."

"It's not!" Hong Cha refuted. She felt the atmosphere drop negatively and quickly said with a soft tone, "It's too delicious, I cried."

"Humph." Nian Xiaoyuan smiled haughtily. She is smart, but she is easy to provoke. This woman knows her position and he likes to use that advantage to break her calmness.

After the forced meal, Nian Xiaoyuan offered to stroll with her around Xuan's capital. She grabbed the chance to understand Xuan's landscape and agreed. Besides, her stomach hurts and she ate too much, she also thought he sees her as a pig for feeding her too much!

Xuan's capital is not that different from Tian's. It is boisterous and lively. Countless goods and luxurious are everywhere, tall buildings and attractive areas are well maintained. In fact, it is far from her expectation. They said the northerners lived a harsh environment and was not doing good as southerners. It made her doubt if those rumors are true. Moreover, she had lived here in her younger days. She knows how difficult it is here in every season. However, it changed. It might even surpassed Tian. Perhaps Warlord Xuan is the right person to cultivate this regimen.

"Can you even see with that veil on your head?" Nian Xiaoyuan's impatient question ruined her appreciation. Hong Cha scoffed.

"I'm not blind." She can see well with the bright sunlight of summer. The only thing she can't see is Nian Xiaoyuan's face. Every time she turned to him, she can only see his shoulder. If she raise her head, he will notice and he will surely speak obnoxiously again.

"If you say so. Let's go somewhere. It's boring here." Nian Xiaoyuan yawned and dragged her away from the mesmerizing park. Hong Cha cast a glare at him. If he claims second place for being the most brazen man, no one will take the first place.

As hours flowed, her impression towards Nian Xiaoyuan plummeted below zero. She learnt he hates flowers in the shade of red. Whenever they passed by a bunch of lotus, he will snort in disdain and mumble something about cutting every red flowers next year. He is unreasonable to even give an edict like that! She likes red, she likes red camellia, and this man hates it for no reason at all. Aside from that, Nian Xiaoyuan is too straightforward it takes him one sentence with five words to introduce a tourist spot to her. He speaks less but his words are harsh, even his officials felt ashamed for no reason whenever he opens his mouth. He won't care for anyone's opinion, only what he wants will matter but his decisiveness and iron fist ruling made the previous Bai Regimen to become a behemoth Xuan Regimen.