Arc 7: Royal Deceit (268)

Hong Cha can't believe only four days passed since she met Nian Xiaoyuan. It felt like years of torment had arrived! She wanted to avoid going out with him because of his attitude. It was the opposite of a gentleman. Sometimes she thinks she met the opposite of Gu Zixing. Gu Zixing is the kindest and most caring person, Nian Xiaoyuan is a bastard. He daringly took her to the barracks and tricked her to drink spirits, he rode a newly caught wild steed and tried to tame it while she is with him, she almost fainted form fear! Worse comes worst, Nian Xiaoyuan keeps feeding her full and use that excuse to walk with her around the capital. It was in the middle of summer and the temperature is too hot! He must be planning to torture her to death!

Hong Cha had enough of this rogue and avoided him yesterday. She faked catching a cold but her alibi was broken today. Nian Xiaoyuan personally visited her while she is enjoying her time with Mei Hua. It was yesterday when Mei Hua paid a visit to her and Hong Cha lacks companion. Mei Hua is strange, she offered Hong Cha a lot of unknown ideas but they are all interesting.

"Miss Hong, I will be honest." Mei Hua spoke up after finishing her tea. She looked at Hong Cha whose veil is still on. "I was curious of you that is why I wanted to see you. I asked my staffs if you are a new woman of Warlord Xuan but they don't know anything. Furthermore, I heard an interesting gossip. They said you are going to be the second wife of Warlord Xuan. He favors you more than any women in his backyard."

"Huh? Favored?" Hong Cha raised a brow.

"Yes. Warlord Xuan never strolled with a companion before, or brought one of his women to shop. Everyone in the capital are talking about Warlord Xuan's excessive pampering. He even brought you to the barracks, which is prohibited for women. Isn't it sweet of him to bring his beloved to work too? Does that mean he likes you so much he can't bear a second without you by his side?" Mei Hua asked with sparkling eyes. She wanted to learn how Hong Cha tamed a tyrant.

Hong Cha's face was stinky. Who told them Nian Xiaoyuan likes her that well?! It was so far from reality you can't measure it!

Looking at Mei Hua's glimmering gaze, she is aware no one knew she is Imperial Noble Consort Hua. They thought Nian Xiaoyuan found another plaything but what they said as pampering is haunting!

"Oh, I didn't know I was spoiling her." A soothing voice said behind but they knew better not to be bewitched.

Nian Xiaoyuan raised the corner of his lips when he got their attention. His smile was delicate but with obvious terrifying meaning. Mei Hua was startled.

"Warlord Xuan, it was just a gossip. This girl just wants to clarify things if it was true." Mei Hua laughed dryly.

"Mind your own business." Nian Xiaoyuan coldly said and Mei Hua almost wanted to plead for forgiveness. He passed by her and propped his hand on the table while facing Hong Cha. Nian Xiaoyuan leaned down, a sneer evident on his face. "Let's go out. I know a good place to amuse you."

"Fat liar." Hong Cha courageously said. She was not scared but Mei Hua who heard it, had her soul leaving her body!

"Hey, I promise. It's really a good one!" Nian Xiaoyuan is used to her refusal.

"Roll (scram)." Hong Cha ignored him and drank tea.

Mei Hua was watching their exchange and felt like the end of the world is near. In front of Hong Cha, it was unexpected the dictator Nian Xiaoyuan will even tolerate her and coax her like a wolf in sheep's clothing. If a person told her the heaven and earth shifted, she will believe that more than what she is seeing!

Before Mei Hua can turn pale like a corpse, Nian Xiaoyuan glanced at her sharply. Mei Hua readily stood up to excuse herself.

"Wait, Mei Hua, are you leaving so soon?" Hong Cha frowned. She was not done talking to her friend yet.

"She's sick." Nian Xiaoyuan interrupted.

"I am?" Mei Hua got confused but upon receiving Nian Xiaoyuan's scary glare, she hurriedly coughed. "Oh, I caught a cold. I must leave now so I won't burden you, Miss Hong."

"..." Hong Cha.

Who gets a fever in a hot summer!? You better tell this lie to deaf and it will be believable!

"Mei Hua, don't leave!" Hong Cha stood up to stop her, aware that Mei Hua is lying.

"Do you want to get infected?" Nian Xiaoyuan blocked her way and Mei Hua used this chance to leave like a scared rat. He smiled in victory. "Why? You don't want to be alone with me? Are you worried I will eat you?"

"Are you a cannibal?" She refuted as an insult. Nian Xiaoyuan chuckled and took her hand. Hong Cha was horrified when she felt him lick her fingertips.

"I think." He whispered ambiguously, his playfulness replaced by a deep tune like a cello. Nian Xiaoyuan kept her hand on place and lightly nipped her finger. "I can't wait to do so."

"Warlord Xuan!" Hong Cha was not new to his harassment but she is helpless in front of him. Even if she tries to slap him or kick him somewhere, he knows how to avoid her and she will be in a disadvantage. "I am Emperor Yong's concubine, you can't be this presumptuous!"

Nian Xiaoyuan laughed and bit her wrist. Hong Cha held back a grunt, this is why she doesn't want to argue with him but he keeps touching her bottom line. Nian Xiaoyuan saw the bright red mark on her porcelain skin. His heart itched as he licked the bruise as if coaxing her. He knows she is someone else's concubine and even if he is an unruly tyrant, he never crossed boundaries for married women. But, ever since Hong Cha's arrival, he wanted to treat her like his own concubine. When she said she is Emperor Yong's, Nian Xiaoyuan felt enraged and bit her in punishment.

"What if I ask your beloved husband to exchange you for a peace treaty?" Nian Xiaoyuan whispered his question. Hong Cha gasped in disbelief. He can really go this far!

"Aren't you too foolish? I am no longer pure and I once conceived a child for His Majesty. You want to be with me?" She mockingly asked. She is sure he will let her off.

"Hm... It's okay. Your first time is gone, so what? As long as I will be the last."