Arc 7: Royal Deceit (224)

In Se Hong's memories, Gu Zixing likes to care for everyone. He have an outgoing personality and he have empathy for others, it was like he was a commoner in his past life. Se Hong can remember when she was with him. Even when they were kids, he protects those unable to fight for themselves. His identity as House Gu's cherished heir prevented anyone from hurting him and he used that advantage to shield his weak peers. He was so kind, he forgot to care for himself. So, there was Se Hong, taking care of him and Gu Jiaoyue who is ready to take the blame if Gu Zixing gets in trouble.

Young as they were in those days, there was only the four of them. Se Hong, Gu Zixing, Gu Jiaoyue, and Gu Chi Lian. However, Gu Chi Lian grew apart and that's when their bonds fell. Se Hong was unable to be there for Gu Zixing anymore. Now that she is back, she wanted to reclaim that position in his life. Unfortunately, they live in an era where harem is allowed. No woman can keep a man by themselves.

"I'm fine." Hong Cha brushed his hands off her. She recovered hastily and stood up.

"Camellia, I know that tone." Gu Zixing understands her well. If she uses that term, she is not fine. He caught her hand and tried to catch her gaze. "Camellia, what's wrong?"

"Gu Zixing, you jerk!" Hong Cha stomped. She pointed at Gu Zixing who leaned back. "If you want to bring me out here, not in this way. You think I want threesome?! You!"

"What?" Gu Zixing was confused. He can't stop her because Hong Cha had run off. "Camellia, hey!"

"Xing, what's a threesome?" The silent Se Hong curiously asked. She only received a shrug from Gu Zixing.

"Does he understand a girl at all?" Hong Cha was walking around her room with a frustrated look. She unhappily crossed her arms. "Of course, he doesn't. He's dull! Why did I even choose a dull man?"

Unknown to Hong Cha, Meng Ziyan and Gu Shang are listening behind the doors. Gu Shang face-palmed, when will Gu Zixing be straightforward to a lady?

"Why did I like him...?" Her voice softened. Hong Cha slowly fell on her knees and leaned on the bed, her head and arms propped on the bedside's surface.

Meng Ziyan and Gu Shang moved away from the door. She gestured for him to leave. Meng Ziyan opened the door silently. Hong Cha was stunned someone sat on the bed.

"Aunt Ziyan..." Did Meng Ziyan hear her?!

"Let me guess, Zi'er did something stupid, didn't he?" Meng Ziyan had long since acknowledged Gu Zixing can't be as keen as his father. "I was also wondering. Why did you like Zi'er?"

Hong Cha began to ponder. She hated him at first sight. She thought he will use her the same way those lechers did to her senior sisters. Her view only changed when he was good to her.

"He's nice." She kept her eyes on the blanket and her memories of him kept flowing. Hong Cha subconsciously smiled and tittered. "He's nice, to the point of being silly. He is trustworthy too, and I rely on him very much. I like him that way..."

"Cha'er, I know how my son thinks. He feels the same for you but something is holding him back." Meng Ziyan softly touched Hong Cha's head to comfort her. "What about you? What is making you hesitate?"

"I don't know." Hong Cha didn't admit she felt threatened. Se Hong's sudden appearance made her feel threatened.

At dinner, Gu Zixing returned devastated. He looked around the capital but Hong Cha is not there.

"Zi'er, right on time." Meng Ziyan saw him arrive. She gasped in disbelief to see Se Hong behind him. "Xiao Hong?"

"Auntie!" Se Hong rushed for a hug. She embraced Meng Ziyan. "Auntie, I missed you. Uncle, hello~!"

"Oh, Xiao Hong, you're back!" Gu Shang was elated. He got close to Gu Zixing and patted his shoulder. "Where did you meet Xiao Hong? Did you two catch up?"

"Not much. But, I want to have dinner here with both Auntie and Uncle. Father agreed." Se Hong looked at them. Gu Shang was the first to nod and Meng Ziyan hesitated.

"The two of you seat. Maid, bring another cushion here." Meng Ziyan instructed. Now she knows why Hong Cha was acting deprived.

Hong Cha went to the courtyard and hoped to have another ceasefire with Gu Zixing. She decided, she must confess now or they will have more misunderstanding. Hong Cha arrived at the moon gate and heard laughter. She froze on her spot to see Se Hong sitting next to Gu Zixing. Gu Shang was laughing, Meng Ziyan is smiling, Gu Zixing is chuckling. From afar, they look perfect. She was replaced that easily.

"Se Hong, stop chattering and eat."

"Xing, I'm talking with Auntie and Uncle. Stop interrupting."

"I'm not interrupting."

"Ah, you kids are still the same like in the past. Don't they, Honey?"

"En. Back then, Xiao Hong is the one reminding Zi'er to eat."

"I remember. Xing even hate vegetables. I always add them on his plate."

Gu Zixing just sighed. He had forgotten most of his childhood memories. While they laughed, he didn't. He felt a strange loss in his heart. Where could Hong Cha be?

Just as he thought, he instinctively turned sideways. His eyes rounded to see a figure of light blue dress walk away from the moon gate.