𝗘 𝗜 𝗚 𝗛 𝗧

❝ 𝗶 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵
𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲,
𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗸 ❞
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"You took your time. Follow us!" Clarke snaps as we reach the group and I frown at her tone but I don't argue.

"Did you find Jasper?" I ask hopefully.

"We found lots of blood and his goggles" Finn tells me, handing me Jasper's goggles.

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy asks.

"We don't. Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker" Bellamy states and I roll my eyes at the sarcasm in his voice.

"It's called 'cutting sign'. Fourth-year earth skills. He's good" Wells argues and I smile, proud of my best friend.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn hisses.

He stops still and reaches out to touch some twigs in front of him. I realise what he had figured out seconds before me. The branches are snapped, hanging off and there's blood on the ground. We're on the right track.

"See? You're invisible" Bellamy tells Wells and I shoot the older guy a frown.

He sighs, taking a step away from Wells and I let out a huff of air. A loud moan of pain is heard in the distance and I perk up, my grip on the goggles tightening.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy asks.

"Jasper" I gasp.

I pull the goggles around my neck and push them onto my head to keep my hair out my face.

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun" Clarke suggests and I run ahead of the group, following the moans in the air.

I freeze when I see Jasper tied up to a tree like live bait and it makes me feel physically sick to my stomach.

"Oh, my God" Clarke snaps.

"Be careful" Finn hisses

"Jasper!" I yell, ignoring Finn and running towards the boy.

"What the hell is this" Bellamy mutters.

"It's doesn't matter, we need to help hi-" My sentence is cut short when the ground underneath me gives way and I fall, a scream leaving my lips.

A hand shoots out to grab my arm and I look up to see Bellamy grabbing onto me as I dangle over a load of very sharp spears.

"Ava! Pull her up! Pull her up!" I hear everyone yelling over the top of each other.

He heaves me up on his own and I collapse on top of him. My eyes widen and I look down at him only to find him smirking at me.

"I guess we're even now, clumsy" Bellamy jokes.

"I guess so" I agree with a breath of relief.

I look up and Murphy offers me his hand. I shoot him a smile and take his hand, letting him help me to my feet.

"Are you okay?" Finn asks me worriedly and I smile at him.

"Yeah" I nod.

Murphy then helps Bellamy up and we turn our attention to Jasper.

"We need to get him down" Clarke declares and I nod in agreement.

"I'll climb up there and cut the vines" Finn offers.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm with you" Wells nods.

"No. Stay with Clarke and Ava. And watch him" Finn retorts, sending a glare to Bellamy.

"You. Let's go" Finn snaps at Murphy who huffs.

"There's a poultice on his wound" Clarke notices as Murphy follows Finn up the tree.

"Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?" Wells asks and I wince.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes it's dinner to be breathing" Bellamy suggests.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us" Finn counters and dread fills my stomach.

"We're so dead" I mumble in worry.

"Hurry up, Murphy" Finn quips impatiently as they cut down Jasper.

"Be careful!" Clarke scolds them.

Suddenly I hear growling and I take a step closer to Bellamy.

"Did you hear that?" I whisper yell.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy snaps.

"Grounders?" Bellamy suggests.

"I don't think so, Bell" I murmur, pointing at the large black panther prowling around us.

At least, I think it's a panther from what i've seen from books on the Ark. It starts running at us and I panic, my heart thumping against my chest in fear.

"Bellamy, gun!" Clarke yells.

Bellamy puts his hand to his back but I look down to see no gun. I hear gunshots and I turn my head to see Wells shooting at the panther with Bellamy's gun.

He misses multiple times and it hides in the bushes. I spin frantically trying to figure out where it went, Bellamy doing the same thing.

We stand in silence, waiting for it to appear again and I quietly hope that it was scared off by the gunshots.

Out of nowhere I hear a loud roar and I turn to see the panther jump at me causing me to close my eyes in fright but i'm spun around.

I hear a gunshot and a loud thud causing me to pry my eyes open to see Bellamy with his arms wrapped around me.

"Now, I owe you" I tell him, my voice just above a whisper.

"Yeah, I guess you do" He breathes out with a warm smile.

He lets go of me and we turn to Clarke and Wells who is holding the gun. Wells drops the gun to the ground and I turn to look at the dead panther he shot.

"Now she sees you" Bellamy tells Wells who looks at Clarke.