𝗧 𝗛 𝗜 𝗥 𝗧 𝗬 . 𝗧 𝗛 𝗥 𝗘 𝗘

❝ 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱,
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱,
𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗼.
𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗵𝗼𝘄,
𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲,
𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗼𝘀,
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

My eyes flutter open and I'm met with a sleeping Bellamy. His light snores fill my ears and he hugs me to his chest tightly. I look down at the freckle faced man and sweep his curly hair off his forehead, placing a light kiss on his cheek.

He stirs but doesn't awaken as I slip out of his grip and pull on my clothes. I peek out the tent and see that the sun is beginning to rise and no one is awake yet so I sneak through camp, straight out the wall without being seen.

Eventually I reach the waterfall and I find Nova there, waiting for me.

"Good morning, Nova" I greet the dark haired grounder.

She nods at me and I shrug, taking what I can get.

"So, where do we start?" I ask curiously.

"We'll start with basic hand to hand combat and then i'll see how you are with weapons" She explains and I grin excitedly.

Without giving me a warning she throws a punch that me hits me in the mouth. My head whips to the side and I groan, spitting out blood.

"A heads up would have been nice" I grumble, wiping my mouth on the back of my hand.

"Do you think your opponent is going to give you a heads up, Ava? Well, they're not. They will stab you in the throat before you can even get a punch in" Nova declares sternly.

She throws another punch at me but this time I catch her fist and she smiles with an impressed nod.

"See? You're getting the hang of it" She praises me.

I grin cockily and before I can open my mouth to say anything my legs are swiped from under me and i'm on my ass.

"Seriously, Nova?" I huff and she smirks.

I pull myself up onto my feet and get ready for whatever she hits me with next.

I'm so sure that i'm ready for what she's about to do but she fakes a punch and lifts her leg, roundhouse kicking me in the face. I'm sent tumbling to the ground and I lay there groaning.

I hear a deep laugh and lift my head to see Lincoln watching in amusement.

"Don't just stand there and watch me get my ass kicked. Help me" I whine and he steps forward, offering me his hand.

I take it and he pulls me to my feet with a chuckle.

"Listen carefully, Ava. You're thinking about it too much. From what Nova has told me, you fight better when you're not thinking about it. Empty your thoughts and focus on something else. A person, a place, a memory, even a song" He tells me and I nod in understanding.