𝗦 𝗜 𝗫 𝗧 𝗬 . 𝗡 𝗜 𝗡 𝗘

❝ 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗸𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝘀𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Nova passes me a sword and I look down at the object, watching how it reflects the sunlight.

"Harness that anger and use it wisely. Remember, never let it control you" Nova advises me as she wields her own sword.

I twirl the sword in my right hand and grin excitedly, wrapping my left hand around the handle as well.

Nova gets ready to fight and I swing my sword at her but she blocks it with her own. She then strikes with her sword and I narrowly dodge a slice to the arm.

I stay on my toes as I go in for another swing and Nova ducks but I manage to nick her cheek. I grin proudly and raise my sword to block her high swing. Her sword clashes with mine and she pushes it, making me stumble backwards.

I recover just in time to block another swing from my left but she does a spin and swipes at my right, cutting my arm.

I start walking forward, swinging at the grounder left and right, causing her to back up and dodge my blows expertly. Our swords clash above our heads and I drag her sword down with mine, kicking it out her hand before lifting the tip of my blade to her throat.

"You're getting better" Nova tells me.

She abruptly roundhouse kicks my sword out my hand and grabs me in a choke hold.

"But you still have work to do" She whispers and I huff with a pout.

"Nova" Indra announces her presence and the younger grounder lets me go.

"Yes, Seda" Nova replies, her back straightening as she looks at the older woman with respect.

"Walk with me" Indra orders and Nova shoots me a smile before walking off with Indra.

I grab my jacket and walk over to Octavia who is watching everyone practice.

"Yeesh, Nova got you good" Octavia teases me.

"She always does" I huff, plopping down next to her.

I look down at my arm and realise that there is blood running down my arm.

"Fuck it" I groan.

Octavia jumps to her feet and grabs a rag, crouching down next to me. She cleans up my arm and I clench my teeth, refusing to let the pain get to me.

"You did really good out there" I hear Octavia tell me and I scoff.

"I got my ass handed to me" I retort.

"You lasted longer than I would have" She assures me and I roll my eyes.

"I'm serious, A. You don't give yourself enough credit. In just a few months you've managed to learn to use multiple different weapons, to fight with some of the toughest warriors and to speak almost fluently in the grounders native language" Octavia rambles and I smile "You are amazing. I don't know how you do it"