𝗦 𝗘 𝗩 𝗘 𝗡 𝗧 𝗘 𝗘 𝗡

❝ 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹,
𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀 ❞
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

After walking for a good half an hour I'm suddenly pushed up against a tree. Bellamy covers my mouth with his hand and I look at him in confusion.

"Oh, Charlotte! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Murphy's voice sings and my eyes widen.

Their footsteps get closer and Bellamy looks around for a way out but there is none. I hear a twig snap and I panic, pulling Bellamy's hand off my mouth and he looks at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry" I whisper before crushing my lips onto his.

Bellamy freezes in shock but quickly recovers, kissing me back and pushing my back against the tree. His hands grab my waist tightly and I wind my arms around his neck.

I get so lost in the kiss that I don't even realise people there until somebody speaks up.

"Get a room!" A guy yells, causing Bellamy and I to snap our heads to look at the group.

Murphy's laughs comes to an abrupt end when he sees it's me.

"A-Ava?" He stutters in disbelief.

"Hi, Murph" I breathe out, taking a step towards him and away from Bellamy whose arms slip away from my waist.

"You're sneaking around with Bellamy Blake?" Murphy spits in anger but I see the hurt in his eyes which makes a guilty feeling bubble up inside my chest.

Although I feel guilty for hurting his feelings, i'd rather him think that Bellamy and I are hooking up rather than searching for the same thing they are.

"I'm sorry" I apologise but he scoffs.

"You're not sorry at all. You're living for this, you always have" He accuses me and I look at him in disbelief.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I question him, hoping to stall him and figure out what he's talking about at the same time.

"I may have hurt you, Ava, but I didn't turn you into the monster you are. It's always been in you, hiding under those fake smiles and happy giggles. You won't admit it but you are cold blooded and heartless. That's the real reason I did what I did. You are batshit crazy" Murphy rants and I stand there speechless.

"You may pretend to be a happy little girl with no problems, but you've got demons that could scare a grown man. It's sad because you don't see how broken you really are, gorgeous" Murphy taunts me and I feel my eyes glaze over with hurt.

"You're just hurt. You don't mean that, Murphy" I shrug him off.

"Get out of my sight" He seethes and i'm taken aback.

"What?" I whisper breathlessly.

"Get out of my damn sight, Ava!" He roars and I stumble backwards.

I give him once last glance before grabbing Bellamy's hand and dragging him deeper into the forest. I wordlessly walk through the forest, speed walking in front of Bellamy so I don't have to look him in the eyes and explain whatever had just happened.