𝗧 𝗘 𝗡

𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘀
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"His pulse is thready" Clarke states and I feel Jasper squeeze my hand as he groans in pain.

"Go back to sleep!" Someone yells and I grit my teeth in anger.

"Quiet!" Another person snaps.

"Don't listen to them. You're gonna make it through this, okay? Promise" Clarke speaks to Jasper.

Jasper makes a god awful noise that makes me cringe in sympathy for the poor boy in front of me.

"Can he just die already?!" Some guy shouts.

"Shut the fuck up!" I scream and I hear people talking but not clear enough to know exactly what they're saying.

"I'm gonna get clean water. Keep an eye on him" Clarke announces.

"I'll get it" I offer and Clarke nods, refusing to look me in the eyes.

I climb down the ladder, hearing Jasper moaning in pain which only makes my gut twist in worry for the boy i've only just met.

As I exit the drop ship I rub my marked wrist slightly but snap my head up as I hear a scream.

"No!" It sounds like a child.

I quickly make my way towards the sound only to find a young girl, maybe around the age of twelve, laying down and screaming in her sleep.

"Hey, wake up" I say softly, putting my hand on the girl's arm.

She shoots up from her nightmare with her eyes wide in fear and cowers away from me.

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay. It's just a dream" I whisper to the paranoid girl.

"What's your name?" I ask the girl who hugs her knees up to her chest.

She doesn't answer me so I sit down next to her.

"I'm Ava" I tell her softly.

"Charlotte" She whispers in a small afraid voice.

"Charlotte? That's a pretty name" I smile and she nods, staring at the ground.

"It's okay to be afraid. Do you want to tell me what happened?" I ask, putting my hand on her back and rubbing it in soothing circles to calm her down.

"It's...my parents. They were floated and they- and I see it in my dreams and I just-" Charlotte cries, making me feel bad for the young girl.

"I know how you feel. My mom was floated too. I was around your age" I explain to her and she looks up at me with an unexplainable look.

"So, how did you end up down here with this lot?" I ask giving her a small warming smile.

"Well...we were taking my parents' things to the redistribution centre and...I kind of lost it. They said I assaulted a guard" She tells me.