𝗧 𝗛 𝗜 𝗥 𝗧 𝗬 . 𝗦 𝗘 𝗩 𝗘 𝗡

❝ 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲
𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘃𝘂𝗹𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲 ❞
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I chase after Finn and he slows down to let me catch up.

"So when were you going to tell me you're talking to grounders?" He asks curiously.

"I was going to tell you when I knew you wouldn't freak out" I admit and he scoffs, hitting his shoulder off mine.

"I don't freak out" He lies and I laugh in amusement.

"You're the biggest freaker outer I know" I joke and he grins down at me.

"Tell me everything" Finn says and I begin at the very beginning.

I tell him how Nova saved my live. How she and Lincoln have been training me and teaching me their language and history. Finn listens patiently and once i'm done he smiles at me teasingly.

"So, you're like a grounder in training?" He asks and I shrug with a smile.

"I guess" I say, not really sure.

"I don't think I can just invite myself to be one of them. I need to earn my place in the clan" I explain and Finn furrows his brows.

"Wait, you're actually thinking of leaving?" He questions and I scoff.

"As if you'd ever let me run around the forest like Tarzan unsupervised" I joke and he laughs.

"You're right about that" He agrees.

We continue walking and I get a bad feeling all of a sudden, my stomach twisting in worry. Finn clearly notices the uneasiness on my face and he takes a hold of my hand.

"What's wrong?" He questions worriedly.

"I've got a bad feeling about this, Finn" I tell him and he frowns.

"What do you mean?" He asks in confusion.

"I can't pinpoint it but I know something's going to go wrong. I can feel it in my gut" I explain.

"Let's hope your gut is wrong" He comments.

We trek through the forest and I get the strong feeling of being followed.

"I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider it might be a trap?" I ask Finn to distract myself.

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead" He replies and then let's out a groan of pain as he jumps.

I spin around to see him clutching his side and my eyes widen.

"Oh! Hey. Let me have a look at that" I fuss over him.

He unzips his jacket and pulls up his shirt to show me the wound which looks grizzly. I grimace at the sight and gulp.

From my peripheral vision I catch a blonde head of hair whipping behind a tree and I glare angrily.