𝗧 𝗛 𝗜 𝗥 𝗧 𝗘 𝗘 𝗡

❝ 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰,
𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗲𝘁,
𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 ❞
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Bellamy kneels down on the other side of Atom with the knife in hand as Atom begs Bellamy to kill him, but Bellamy just sits there in complete silence.

I see the emotional back and forth his brain does as he hesitates whether to put his friend out of his misery or not.

"You should go, Ava" I hear him say.

"I'm not going anywhere" I reply sternly and he clenches his jaw tight.

"Atom" I say softly to the dying boy.

"I'm going to take the pain away" I assure him, pasting on a smile and he coughs up more blood but nods softly.

I run my fingers through his hair and I find myself humming a familiar tune, the same song my mother would sing to me when I was a child.

I continue to hum softly and I wrap my free hand around Bellamy's hand that is holding the knife. Bellamy hesitates to give me the knife but I look up at him.

"Let me help him" I whisper and Bellamy nods, letting go of the knife.

I start humming once more and put the knife to the side of his neck, knowing if I puncture the right spot he'll bleed out so quick that it will be almost painless.

Running my fingers through his hair, I push the knife into his neck and take it back out, watching the blood pour out of his neck like water coming out of a tap. I feel Bellamy's eyes on me but I don't stop humming as I push Atom's hair out his face.

"You didn't have to do that, Ava" Bellamy tells me, trying to stop his voice from cracking but I hear the sadness behind the statement.

"What are friends for?" I ask rhetorically, using his earlier words and he smiles.

i'll bare it so he doesn't have to

Clarke, Finn and Wells find us and help us carry Atom back to camp. We make a stretcher that Wells and Bellamy carry.

Once we reach camp, Clarke and Finn head straight to the drop ship leaving Wells, Bellamy and I with Atom.

"Get Clarke whatever she needs" Bellamy tells a girl who nods.

"I better go get this grave dug" Wells whispers and walks away.

"It's about time. They're gonna kill Jasper!" Octavia snaps, rushing out of the drop ship.

"Did you get the medicine?" She asks Clarke.

"Yeah. I-I got it" Clarke nods and Octavia sighs in relief.

"Come on. Let's go talk" Clarke says, trying to pull Octavia into the drop ship with her but she sees us and pushes past Clarke.

"Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back" Bellamy pleads with his sister, holding her as she tries to fight her way past him.