𝗧 𝗪 𝗘 𝗟 𝗩 𝗘

❝ 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗵𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀
𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝘆 ❞
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

A couple hours into my slumber i'm awoken by a loud and familiar scream.

"No!" Charlotte cries.

I start to open my eyes but Bellamy shifts from under me and leans up to the frightened girl. I watch him from my place, but he doesn't even realise that he's woken me up.

"Charlotte, wake up" He whispers.

"I'm sorry" She sighs and I frown sympathetically.

"Does it happen often?" Bellamy asks her and she sighs.

"What are you scared of?" He then asks, taking her sigh as a yes "You know what? It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what you do about it"

"But...I'm asleep" She replies in confusion.

"Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you're awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep" Bellamy explains to the girl.

"Yeah, but...how?" Charlotte questions.

"You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death, fear is death" He states and there is a short silence.

"Let me see that knife I gave you" He adds and she pulls it out.

He takes it out of her hand and she listens to him carefully, hanging onto his every word.

"Now, when you feel afraid, you hold tight to that knife and you say, 'Screw you. I'm not afraid'" He tells her and she takes the knife back from his hand.

"Screw you. I'm not afraid" She says in a small timid voice.

She looks at Bellamy and he must give her a look that tells her to try again because she shuts her eyes and grips the knife tight.

"Screw you. I'm not afraid" She repeats but this time louder and with more confidence behind her words which makes me smile.

"Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep" Bellamy assures her, tapping her knee and she nods, shutting her eyes.

He turns to me and stops when he sees me looking at him.

"You're good with her" I whisper.

"It's nothing" He shrugs nonchalantly, laying down next to me and wrapping an arm around me.

"It's not nothing. It's cute" I tell him, laying my head on his chest for warmth.

He chuckles softly, making his chest rumble and I smile up at him.

"Get some sleep, sunshine" He murmurs and I nod, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight" I mumble.

"G'night" He replies.