𝗦 𝗜 𝗫 𝗧 𝗬 . 𝗢 𝗡 𝗘

❝ 𝗶 𝘄𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀,
𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 ❞
- 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘂𝘀

𝗔𝘃𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Clarke and I reach medical station where Lincoln is restrained but doing better. I smile at Octavia and Nova who smile back softly, both of them looking better now that Lincoln is okay.

"Hang on. He's not a Reaper anymore, he doesn't need to be restrained" Clarke tells her mother.

"Yes, I do" Lincoln states, looking a little worse for wear and I frown sympathetically.

"Just tell us. Is there a way to make peace?" Abby asks Lincoln a little snappily, which I don't appreciate.

"Did she leave riders behind?" He asks.

"Two just outside the gate" Abby answers.

"They're waiting for Finn. You don't have much time to decide" He replies.

"She can't expect us to just hand over one of our own people. Would she do that?" Octavia argues.

"She wouldn't let the rest of her people die to protect a murderer" Lincoln spits and I breathe out hopelessly.

"If you don't do this, she will kill everyone in this camp" Nova explains.

"There has to be something else that we can offer" Abby suggests.

"Finn took eighteen lives. The Commander's offering to take just one in return. Take the deal" Lincoln advises Abby.

"How can you say that? Finn was the first person to come to you to offer peace. He's your friend" Clarke snaps in anger and I look to Nova who shakes her head, making me frown.

"He massacred my village. Some of the dead were my friends too" Lincoln states sternly, causing my fists to clench in frustration.

"But that wasn't Finn. You know that's not who he is, Lincoln!" I argue.

"It is now. We've all got a monster inside of us, Ava, and we're all responsible for what it does when we let it out" Lincoln tells me like this is another of his lessons.

"What will they do to him?" Abby asks.

"Fire. Because he killed the innocent, it starts with fire" Nova speaks up.

"Starts?" Clarke questions in disbelief.

"They'll take his hands. His tongue, his eyes and anyone who grieves will have a turn with the knife. At sunrise the Commander will end it with her sword. But i've never known anyone to survive until the sword" Lincoln explains.

"He killed eighteen, he will suffer the pain of eighteen deaths. Then we can have peace" Nova adds.

"Like hell he will" I snap, storming out the room.

I realise the sun is coming up and the breeze blows through my hair as I walk through camp.

"Ava!" I hear a shout and turn to see Raven.