6

Ruan Song was dragged by Chen Yan into chatting into the dead of night, and after they finished eating the Japanese food, they hastily showered. They couldn't even be bothered to clean up the dining table before they laid down to sleep.

So the next day when Ruan Song picked up a call from the hospital early in the morning, his entire body was muddled, and he couldn't even open his eyes wide.

Fortunately, the nurse at the hospital's front desk didn't sound like a salesman: "Is this Mr. Ruan? This is City A's First Hospital, someone is here to visit your mother."

Ruan Song nearly said Ren Qinming's name out loud, nestled back into his blanket and cleared his throat: "......Is it a man?"

The nurse denied: "It's a lady with the surname Xu. She said she's a co-worker, and has accompanied aunty to chat for awhile now. She asked us to call you to notify you. She probably wanted to discuss something with you, but couldn't reach you."

Ruan Song's closed eyes opened in an instant, then suddenly asked: "Do the gifts she brought when visiting my mom look expensive?"

Nurse: "?"

...

Ruan Song was originally quite worried, but once he received the answer of 'very expensive' from the nurse's investigation, he immediately grew unhurried.

No matter who it was, seeing as they brought such expensive gifts, then they definitely had something to ask of him.

And this 'something' was definitely not an easy task.

Ruan Song planned to give the other the cold shoulder for a while, and let the nurse tell that woman that he had something to do first, and could only go a bit later.

Then chose an outfit from the comfort of his bed, and even leisurely showered and washed his hair. He was completely unhurried, and even smoothly woke up the fatty as well.

Bleary-eyed, Chen Yan staggered about the door frame of the bathroom: "A woman surnamed Xu brought such expensive goods to see your mother, it can only be Ren Qinming's manager. Is she asking you to do something?"

Ruan Song bent over to brush his teeth: "What's she like? What kind of impression did you get from her?"

Chen Yan burped from the satisfying meal he had last night: "A pretty awesome woman. Yesterday, Ren Qinming ignored everything she said, but she didn't get angry. I even ate her melons before. Now all the currently popular female stars born in the '80s were all found and made famous by her."

Ruan Song thought this was quite impressive: "Then why didn't she keep managing female stars? How'd she end up with someone as hard to deal with as Ren Qinming."

The fact that Ren Qinming frequently changed managers wasn't a secret in the entertainment circle.

Chen Yan briefly lowered his voice: "Haa, don't mention this. I really did ask around about this before. The version my friend told me was that Xu Lan was too bold. She finessed too many resources for her own artists and blocked other people's path. Then a few veteran managers or some other people, worked together to shut her out, and forced her to resign."

Ruan Song held back the foam in his mouth: "What a legend, so why'd she come out of retirement?"

"Her savings are probably in a state of emergency. It's not easy raising a child alone. The salary for being Ren Qinming's manager is twice the amount of other roles, she probably couldn't resist it."

Chen Yan honestly and unreservedly shared all the rumors in his arsenal, and sighed while shaking his head: "The year they forced her to quit, it seems they took advantage of the gap in time and she grew pregnant. Her child should be five years old this year, and is about to start primary school, the perfect time to burn money."