8

Perhaps it was because he had a lot on his mind, but Ruan Song woke up very early the next day. When he blinked open his eyes, the horizon was still a swath of dusky blue, and the sun had just begun to rise while a thick layer of clouds blocked the light.

Ruan Song sat up on the sofa, and stared dazedly at the blanket that had been wrapped around him.

He clearly remembered he fell asleep while laying against the hospital bed yesterday night.

His hand wandered down, and noted a layer of fleece spread on top of the sofa. The texture of the fleece was both soft and cozy, and at a spot not too far from his feet there lay a large paper bag.

Ruan Song saw a pile of folded clothes in the bag, and thought Chen Yan came before.

But just as he prepared to pull out his cell phone to send Chen Yan a message, he noticed that the clothing he had randomly taken out were all ones he had never seen before.

Ruan Song's half asleep brain was dazed for a few seconds, and just as he planned to pull out a few more pieces of clothing to check, a card suddenly fell out.

On it was written:

[They're all clothes I've bought for you since long ago]

There was no signature, nor was there any character to indicate the sender's identity.

But Ruan Song immediately understood who this person, who only dared to secretly visit in the dead of night, was.

It was also at this point that he acutely realized—Ren Qinming probably left not too long ago, as there was still some remaining warmth left behind on the sofa.

The nurse doing rounds quietly pushed open the door, and saw Ruan Song alone on the sofa and who was still a bit startled: "That handsome man left so early? Didn't he come quite late yesterday......"

Ruan Song rubbed his temples and hesitated for a moment, but still asked: "What time did he come yesterday?"

The nurse checked on mother Ruan's condition, while smiling: "Probably around 1:30am, at that time I was just about to go to the restroom but as soon as my co-worker saw him, she reported it in our slacking off group chat."

Although every time Ren Qinming came tightly disguised, with just one look at his figure and temperament one knew he was good looking, and he had always been the topic of everyone's gossip.

"As expected, handsome guys all play with other handsome guys. How about Xiao Song, you also go and debut? Now stars make so much money, then there would be no reason for you to worry about your mother everyday."

Because Ruan Song was handsome and easy to get along with, all the nurses liked him.

But because all the staff in the hospital only remembered Ruan Song was called 'Xiao Song', they all forgot his surname was 'Ruan', and were fundamentally unaware that he was the main protagonist of the passionate fight on the internet!

Ruan Song was someone who had already experienced how easy it was to make money upon public exposure, and dully laughed: "Then when that time comes, you can all help cheer me on."

"For sure! Our hospital has a few sisters who chase stars quite vigorously. I have no idea how they have the time to be station sisters1 in between their shifts at the hospital......"

As soon as the nurse brought up fandom culture, she grew excited and couldn't stop talking.

Ruan Song's face smiled along, but actually thought in his heart: How would everyone react once they found out he was dating Ren Qinming after he participated on that variety show......