9

Before Ruan Song returned to the hospital, he specially visited the fruit stand to buy blackberries that his mom loved to eat.

This kind of fruit is native to North America, it was difficult to preserve, and even easy to rot. After picking it for over four hours without washing it, sterilization, and quickly freezing it, then the nutritional composition would substantially erode, and its price was never as cheap as the regular fruits.

In the past, Ruan Song found it unbearable to even spend a single yuan, and had never bought it before. But it was different now.

He also didn't hope that a fruit really had plentiful vitamins, could combat cancer after long term consumption, or increase one's immunity, as was written on the internet. It's just that when Ren Qinming visited in the past he had brought it, and he noted the fact that his mother particularly liked to eat it.

The fruit shop's owner saw that he suddenly lavishly spent money all at once, and was so shocked that he thought something had happened. He quickly dragged the other and quietly asked whether the other was dying, and if he was ready to pay his family their final respects and buy something good for them.

Ruan Song didn't know whether to laugh or cry, and explained that the surgery went well, and even said that he was recently paid, had also been promoted at his job, and that his financial situation had eased quite a bit: "Before, I always came here to freeload off you, and you should also give me the chance to show off a little."

The store owner helped him pack up the goods and waved his hand: "Haaa, I've found that a child like you really can't accept the goodwill of others. You have to differentiate everything clearly."

Other than the blackberries, Ruan Song had also bought quite a bit of fruits to leave in the apartment.

Although he had also bought fruits to leave in the fruit basket at home in the past, most of the time, it had been Chen Yan. This time, to protect the boss' business, he had brought some extra for Chen Yan to take home.

As such, Ruan Song returned to the hospital with a big and a small bag. His mother had already woken up, and had just been lying on the bed chatting with Chen Yan.

Fortunately, his mother' condition had improved just as smoothly as the surgery had went.

In the following week, mother Ruan's body had no abnormalities, aside from the fact that her memory was a bit chaotic and she would occasionally ask why Ren Qinming hadn't visited just as she had in the past.

The doctor suggested that this aspect could only be slowly rehabilitated. If he had no further issues with capital, then it would be best if she stayed in the hospital for a while.

But the recording of the variety show was nearing, and the discussion on Weibo was growing hotter and hotter. Nearly every single person was greatly looking forward to seeing who Ren Qinming's partner was.

Meanwhile Ruan Song himself had leisurely dawdled in the hospital every day.

If he wasn't chatting with his mother, then the pair were binge-watching TV shows. Later, that producer for the adaptation of the serial murder IP case had also tried contacting him, but would be blocked by Ruan Song before the call could go through.

Occasionally, Chen Yan would help bring a change of clothes, and would even ask: "Have you really ignored Ren Qinming throughout this entire period? Soon you'll have to go on that variety show, will you be okay? That variety show is a live broadcast, you can't blow your cover if you already accepted the money......"

Ruan Song seemed absent-minded: "How can I blow my cover. The fans will only find out that their gege is more invested in the relationship than I am."

"Nonsense, you're just stubborn. You think I don't know what you're like, your mouth says one thing, but in fact you're the most concerned about your conscience." Chen Yan stared at the other as he shook his head, "But let me ask you, how are you going to deal with the clothes at home? The closet at our place is so small, and those clothes are so expensive, I don't dare fold it randomly and store it as if I were marinating vegetables."