2: Friends??

1 September: The Great Hall

"Josette Hart." Josette turned around from Lily and looked back at whoever called her name, it was a Slytherin boy with long blonde hair and blue eyes. He was looking at the Gryffindors with grimace of disgust on his face, especially Lily.

"Yes??" she questioned.

"I'm Lucius Malfoy, and have to show you around the school so, meet in the Slytherin Common Room at 7 in the morning." He said in a harsh tone.

"Okay." She shrugged and turned back to Lily.

"And just an advice. Don't associate yourself with these mudbloods and Gryffindors and be a disgrace for the Slytherins." He scowled. Lily's face turned from happy to sad. The marauders watching this exchange were going to jump in to save their Gryffindor pride but were beaten to it by the new girl.

"You can't talk to my friends like that. Apologise to her." Josette snapped.

He chuckled darkly "Apologising?? to a mudblood?? In your dreams. They are nothing but dirt in the wizarding world."

Now you have done it. Josette punched him square in the face and grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back. He cried in pain. The Gryffindors around them gasped and then started laughing. Seeing the Slytherin bully taken down by a fellow Slytherin. Lily and Severus begged her to not create a scene but she didn't listen. She's very short tempered. Anger her once and face the consequences.

"Apologise." She hissed in his ear.

"Sor...sorry." He hesitated at first but finally did it. Josette let go of his hand. But unlucky for her professor McGonagall had already seen this and made her way towards them. "What is this??" she screeched "Making trouble on the very first day. Detention tomorrow night after dinner with me, Miss Hart."

"It was Malfoy's fault not her." James shouted getting their attention.

"Yes he called Evans the 'M' word." Sirius added.

"Did not. I just came here to inform her about tomorrow's schedule. They are lying." Malfoy said glaring at them "I have to report this to Professor Slughorn. Excuse me." He slipped past them, heading straight to his group. McGonagall too left the scene.

"Thanks for sticking up for me." Lily said.

"Welcome, but you should have done it for yourself." Josette advised.

"I told you to stay away from them, not to put up a fight with their leader." Severus hissed dragging her out of the great hall towards the dungeon.

"Well, that was entertaining." Peter whispered.

"Twisting Malfoy's hand!! That girl has got some guts." James added.

"You were right. She's different." Sirius mumbled to himself.