72: It hurts.

10 April 1986: Maryland

5 years. 5 years of pain and misery for the Marauders. 5 years since they lost everything they loved. Sirius is still waiting for his nightmare to be over. Remus is all alone on his own. Peter is stuck as a rat with a Weasley. James and Lily stuck on the other side as ghosts. Harry growing up without his family. Marlene dead. Alice and Frank in St. Mungo's, away from their son and far away from sanity. The war is over but everyone is still paying for the it.

Sirius is curled up in the corner of his cell. Dementors are swirling around him. His their new source of joy. But Sirius is not going to loose it. Focus on the good memories!! I'm home, everything's just fine. Josette is sitting by my side. We are enjoying our life. He played that in repeat in his head. He remembered the joys in his life. The tears did came down eventually but he's sane. He's alive. And he will leave this wretched place one day. For Josette and for Harry.

Remus moved into a new house in middle of the woods, working small jobs for living. He was so sure that he's cursed, everything around him seemed to get destroyed eventually. First Meredith and then James, Lily and Peter. He still thinks it's Sirius who betrayed them and he's never going to forgive him for that. And he's glad that Sirius is locked up in Azkaban. Somewhere in all this he still believed that one day Josette will return but lost that hope as well when months turned into years. And now he's all on his own.

Peter, even though stuck as a rat is rather enjoying his life. No more running from his friends or death eaters, receiving an Order of Merlin for his 'heroic confrontation' against Sirius Black and 'sacrificing' his life for the greater good. What else does a man need?? And he isn't even feeling a single shread of guilt for everything he did. I did what was best for me! That's who I am. He told himself.

Severus is broken. He did everything he could, turned to Voldemort to find out how's he planning to take down Josette but didn't find anything. Became a double agent for Dumbledore, told him everything about the Dark Lord's plans, that didn't get him anything either. Requested, begged to Voldemort to spare Lily's life but he failed that as well and now he's stuck teaching a bunch of 'insufferable misfits'.

Marlene is dead, her whole family is. It was before Voldemort was defeated. She appeared as ghost in front of Josette and she allowed her to the other side where she instantly found peace. What's even left here for her?? Her whole family is dead. No last wish, nothing. Just gone.

Alice and Frank lost everything, Neville, their life, their mind, everything. After Voldemort's defeat, Bellatrix and a group of death eaters set out to find him, they didn't believed that he was dead, that he was defeated by a toddler. They cornered Alice and Frank, as they are aurors plus working for the order, they will definitely know where Voldemort is kept captured. The couple was tortured for the information they never had. And it was taken so far that they lost their sanity. Healers are trying to bring back their memories, bring them back to 'life' but it's just not possible. Neville lives with his Grandmother now, missing his parents daily.