7: Just caught in the moment...

5 November: Prefect's dorm

"Lupin, you're with Evans again this week, tonight." Head boy instructed. They were having a prefect's meeting discussing about this week's patrol.

Both Josette and Remus snapped their heads up at that. Tonight was a full moon, which meant Remus wouldn't be able to patrol unless they wanted the school to turn into a hunting ground. The boy racked his brain trying to figure out an excuse so as to why he couldn't patrol that night, but a voice spoke up before he could.

"I can take Tonight if that's alright." Said Josette, all heads turned towards her.

"Why?" Remus asked.

"Well, I have it on Saturday, right?" she asked and the Head Boy nodded "I like to have my weekends clear, so I'm willing to trade."

"I um, we... that's fine. We can trade." Stuttered Remus.

Remus didn't pay attention to anything else for the duration of that meeting, his thoughts occupied by the fact that the Slytherin definitely knew about his secret. And if Josette knew, then there's also a possibility that Meredith knew as well. Remus felt himself panic and the second the meeting got dismissed, he grabbed his bag and ran out of the room all the way to Gryffindor Tower and into his dorm.

Throwing the door open, he barged into the room.

"She knows." He panted.

"Who knows what?" asked Sirius getting up from his bed and approaching his friend.

"Jo, she knows about me."

Remus then launched into retelling of everything that happened during the meeting, from tonight's Patrol to when Josette interrupted and offered him a trade.

"Have you told Meredith? Maybe she told her." James asked

"No. I haven't told anyone."

"Maybe she just wanted her weekend free." Peter suggested.

"Exactly." Sirius said.

"Maybe we should tell her she's our best friend." James suggested.

"NO." yelled Remus "What if she hates me when she finds out."

"You know, she won't hate you." Sirius said.

"Maybe, but lets not tell her now." Remus sighed.

"As you wish."

~☆~

Josette had been waiting for Lily in front of the entrance of the Great Hall, the redhead being five minutes late. Hearing footsteps approaching her from the end of the hallway, she turned to see her redheaded friend walking towards her.

"You are late." She stated.

"Sorry, Marlene was being Marlene." They both laughed. And started walking.