13: This terrible family!!

Potter House

Potter House.

"So, How was your school year??" Euphemia Potter asked her son, a warm smile on her wide face. They were sitting down in Potter Manor's kitchen, all three of them around the wooden table. James had already consumed four brownies. No matter how amazing Hogwarts food was, something about Mrs. Potter's brownies was just different.

"Oh, it was amazing. The best year until now." James grinned. "We planned so many pranks this year, it was chaos."

"James, no one wants to see the food in your mouth." Fleamont scolded his son, although there was a slight smile on his wrinkled skin.

"Sorry, dad." James apologized, finishing chewing before he started his next sentence. "Mortis helped us too and we made this cool map, and by 'we' I mean 'her and moony' it shows the entire Hogwarts and people in it."

"Who is Mortis?" Euphemia asked.

"It's Josette, that's her real name... oops I was not supposed to tell that." He facepalmed.

"What do you mean by real name?" Fleamont asked.

"Well, I don't know that either." James shrugged "She's really good at pranks and really cool in general" he explained, wiping a few chocolatey crumbs away from the corner of his mouth with his sleeve. "People started calling her 'the snake Marauder' because of how much we all hang around each other. And I don't mind, she like a sister to me."

"Why don't you invite her over with others then? She lives alone, right? Must be lonely to spend two months alone" she offered, giving him a towel to wipe his face.

"I'll ask her." He grinned.

"I still can't believe her parents let her live alone!! Don't have any concern about her safety??" Fleamont said in a concerning tone.

"It's a bit complicated." James sighed.

"What's her full name, dear?" Euphemia asked trying to remember what she said on Christmas. "Josette Hart."

"Know any wizard who is Hart??" Fleamont furrowed his eyes thinking if he knew any Hart.

"You won't find one. That's her fake name."

"Why would she need a fake name?" She asked.

"I don't know, she doesn't tell us anything but she said she will tell us when time comes."

~☆~

Lupin Cottage.

"Remus, dinners ready." Hope Lupin called out for her son. He left his room walking down in the kitchen. Remus and his parents lived by Wren Forest, having moved there after he was bitten by Fenrir Greyback as a child to make his transformations easier. Unlike the Blacks or Potters, the Lupin family was poor. Lyall and Hope always made sure that Remus had his school books and food, but Lyall's work at the ministry was paying less and less.