42: I'll. Always. Be. On. Top

2 December: Lestrange Manor

"Welcome, Mr. Black." Tom simpered, in a tone too sweet to be true as Regulus entered the room.

He was enjoying his day in his room at Grimmauld Place reading when his father barged into the room saying Voldemort has requested to meet him.

Fear instantly crept onto him. From the day he became a death eater he went to most of the meetings but never did Tom specifically asked for him.

"My Lord." Regulus bowed to him and sat beside him at the dining table, his eyes never leaving the ground.

"I have a very special task for you which only you could do." Tom said.

"I would be honoured to be at your service." Regulus faked his joy as he agreed with Tom knowing very well he can't deny.

"You have to lure Miss Hart to a very quite place in Hogsmeade rest will be taken care by others." Tom explained to him.

Regulus's head whipped up hearing that. He can't do that to Josette, she's his friend. "My Lord. I don't think she'll fall for it. I mean, I am a death eater and she knows that." He tried to get him out of that plan.

"I'm sure she'll fall into this. You are quite the friends as I heard!" Tom said.

"We're not that great friends." Regulus denied.

"Is that so??" He quirked an eyebrow "Because the way you ran after her at the party and your little conversation while taking that mark on your arm, told me otherwise."

Regulus started to panic, he didn't knew Tom saw that. "I..I..." he stuttered coming up with an answer.

"REGULUS BLACK!!" Voldemort shouted as Regulus flinched. "Your allegiance lies to me and me only. If you truly want to join our cause and make your family proud, you have to break your old relations. Josette is our enemy and we all stand against her, including you." Regulus nodded, shaking with fear.

"So, you up for the task??" Regulus again nodded. "And if anything goes wrong with this or she gets any information about our plan, you're as good as dead to me." Tom snapped "Did I make myself clear??"

"Yes.. my lord." Regulus bowed again before hurrying out of the room.

~☆~

7 December: Ground-floor Corridor.

"Lily??" Josette said as the redhead hummed in response. "Do you hate me??"

Lily stopped in tracks and looked at her "Why would you say that??"

"I heard your talk with James last night, about the Slytherins." Josette mumbled sadly.

"You're an idiot, Josette Hart." Lily laughed and linked her arms with Josette as they continued walking "We were talking about the other Slytherins and you are not included in that. You're my best friend and always will be my best friend."