36: The show's over!!

4 August: Malfoy Manor

"Fuck you!!" Josette left the room angrily, leaving Tom standing behind with a smirk.

"Two months time, Mortis!!" He shouted from behind but she was already out of reach.

Josette walked across the marbel floor of the hall, all eyes on her. She was too angry to care about everyone staring at her. She slammed the enormous black wood doors shut behind her with a flick of her hand, the boom echoing behind her.

Without any second thoughts Regulus quickly ran after her followed by Remus, Meredith tried to stop him but she failed. Voldemort stood at the other end of the hall watching the two boys run after her.

The boys found her in a silver gated garden behind the marble mansion. She sat on a bench and in front of her were many white roses, fully bloomed. Josette sat in silence, her eyes never leaving the beautiful white flowers.

"You hate flowers." Regulus said as he sat down by her side, hoping to get her mind away from whatever happened with Tom.

She was surprised to see him outside "That doesn't mean I can't look at one."

"Why do you hate it, again?" Remus asked as he too took a seat beside her, hoping she will give some sarcastic answer like she always does and make the atmosphere a little light.

"Because." Josette bend down and picked up one rose "Whatever I touch, dies." The boys kept looking at the flower in shock. Just a second ago it was blossomed and beautiful and now all the petals are grey and dried.

"Jo, are you okay??" Regulus asked "What happened with him??" He placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine." Josette mumbled still looking at the dead flower.

Remus slowly took the flower from her and placed it aside "Who was that man?" He asked.

Regulus looked at Josette, if she wanted to tell him or not. Josette didn't said anything, so Regulus kept quite as well.

Josette placed her head on Remus's shoulder and he wrapped his hand around her shoulder. The three friend sat in silence, enjoying the peaceful and quiet night.

For a long time, they sat in the cold garden looking up at the night sky, their eyes roaming over constellations and burning into the moon. None of them spoke, lost deep in their own thoughts.

Regulus wanted to know what happened between the two. Josette was thinking about Tom's demand and if her decision on it is right or not. Remus was worried about her, he wanted to know who that man was. She is clearly upset about it so, he decided not to stretch it.

From east side of the courtyard, a blue tinted shone in a thin beam on the marble, a sharp sign of door opening. The light widened until the sound of wooden door hitting stone thudded through the silence, then another thud as it shut.