10: There's the smile.

30 December: The Hel

Josette caught up with Severus outside on the porch. "Hey, what happened?" she asked.

"Nothing" he dismissed it but she caught the sadness in his voice.

"Hey, come on. Talk to me." She stood in front of him.

"You all are just so happy." He whispered.

"So?" she asked confused.

"I don't want to ruin it."

"You are not going to ruin it; I am your friend you can talk to me." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "What did he do this time?" she asked. Severus's father was abusive to him because he is a wizard, his mother is dead and his father blamed the 'wizard kind' for it and hates him for being one. Always beating and insulting him. Severus spends most of his holidays crying and making potions to heal his wounds. He hated it and wanted to run away from that place but he had nowhere else to go.

"What he usually does, yelling, insulting, beating. I just don't want to go back there." Tears spilled from his eyes.

"But he did something more this time, you seem very weak." Josette whispered quietly. He opened his mouth to say something but decided not to. "Sev, please tell me what happened??"

"He.. um he stabbed me." he blurted out.

"WHAT??? WHERE??" Josette shouted. Severus placed a hand on his abdomen. "Remove your shirt." She ordered.

"Jo, are you mad??" Severus whisper yelled.

"I am not going take advantage of you." She rolled her eyes. "I have to heal it so show me the wound."

He removed his shirt and there was a deep cut which was partially healed. "You got nice abs." She wiggled her eyebrows which made him chuckle.

"Shut up."

"There's the smile." Josette laughed pointing at him "How did you heal it?"

"I made the wound cleaning potion."

"It's an advance potion. You really are great at it." Josette placed her hand on the cut and it got healed in no time.

"Why did he do this?" Josette asked.

"He came home drunk after work; I accidentally broke a glass of water. He got so angry and started yelling and then he.. he stabbed me with the broken piece." He started sobbing.