20: It's your fault!

19 November: Potions Classroom

"Agrhhh!! I hate potions." Sirius whined.

"You hate everything besides me." Josette kissed his cheek and sat down beside him.

"Okay, love birds. Cut it." And their moment was ruined by Avery.

"You're just jealous, she chose Sirius over you." James snickered and everybody started laughing.

"Like I would ever be jealous of a Blood Traitor!!" He huffed.

Sirius was ready to punch the boy but stopped when the classroom door opened and Slughorn walked in. "Good Morning class." He greeted with bright smile "Todays potion is going to be interesting. Today we are going to be working on Amortentia Potion."

"Shit." Sirius mumbled.

"What?? Afraid you won't smell me?" Josette mocked but was terrified internally. What if he really doesn't smell me. What if I don't smell him?? I really like him but do I love him?? Guess we'll find out. She shrugged.

"I'm sure I'll smell you. Just.. you know.." he started.
"Fear. What if we don't?" She finished and he nodded. "Don't worry, we don't have to love each other yet. It grows with time." She assured him.

"Now, What can you tell me about Amortentia?" The professor asked.

Many students raised their hands most of them were girls. Professor Slughorn's eyes found Lily's raised hand and gestured to her.

"Amortentia it the most powerful love potion in existence. It's considered to be a powerful and highly dangerous potion. As stated it's dangerous to underestimate a powerful infatuation. Despite its power, Amortentia doesn't create actual love, it's impossible to manufacture or imitate love. The person under the effect of the potion will only hold an obsession for the person who administrated it."

"5 points to Gryffindor for a well-stated answer. While the last part is correct there is one very important fact Miss Evans missed. Can anyone tell me what that fact is?"

Lily's hand was up again even though she was the one who had missed the fact. "Yes, Miss Evans?"

"The potion is keyed to particular person only when they have put it in a hair belonging to them. If a person were to smell a fresh batch of Amortentia they would smell the scent which is most attractive to them. That means the scent would belong to the person who they were deeply attracted to."

"A very good answer again. Five points to Gryffindor. Now, as miss Evans stated it is a very dangerous potion. Can anyone tell me the major complication of using one??"