8: Slipping past Hogwarts!!

27 November: The Library

"It's wrong. Alihotsy Draught causes hysterical laughter, not crying." Severus handed Josette her parchment back.

"Really? Lily said it's hysterical crying." Josette looked at the said girl.

"Maybe I was wrong." She shrugged. The three friends were studying in the library for their potions test.

"You really are good at potions, Sev." She praised.

"Thanks."

After few minutes Sirius ran into the library. "There you two are." He panted and looked at Severus. "Snape." He said nodding his head.

"Black." He did the same.

"Am I dreaming?? Lily pinch me." Josette said seeing the boys actually act like an adult. Though Josette agreed to be friends with the marauders if they stopped bullying Severus, they still sometimes go back to the old ways. And now Josette is used to them always fighting each other.

"No need to be so dramatic. We are not friends, just civil." Severus rolled his eyes

"Marlene's looking for you both. Come on, in the Gryffindor Common Room." Sirius said.

"Now? but we are studying!!" Lily whined.

"Yes now." He waited for the girls to pack their things.

"Sev, is it ok if we left early?" Josette asked he just nodded. "I am really sorry." She added and they left the library.

~☆~

They entered the common room. Marlene, Meredith and Alice were talking among themselves on the couch. Peter and James playing wizard chess sitting on the ground and Remus watching them. Josette went and sat on one of the armchairs immediately opening her book. Sirius joining the boys and Lily girls.

"Why have you called us Mar?" Lily asked.

"To talk about the holidays. Christmas is in week!! what are your plans?" Marlene is always excited for the holidays. Well, everyone is but she's the most excited one.

"We are spending it at the Potters with our parents, except Sirius he is coming alone." Peter said still focused on the chess, the boys nodded.

"We are going to the States." Meredith replied.

"With family." The other two girls said.

"Jo?" Alice asked as she didn't say anything.

After hearing her name she looked up from the book "huh?"

"What are your plans for Christmas?" She asked again.

"Oh, I don't celebrate Christmas." She shrugged.

"Why?" James asked.

"Let me guess. 'I can't tell you' Or 'It's complicated' which is it this time?" Sirius mocked before she could reply.