37: We got drunk.

4 August: Malfoy Estate

"You are mad woman, Jo. That was awesome!!" Remus grinned as they jumped into her car and quickly drove off.

"I think that was very foolish of you." Severus rolled his eyes.

"It was very brave of her." Remus argued.

"It was silly. She wasn't thinking properly." Severus shot back.

"Relax boys." Josette stopped them from turning it into a fight. Usually it is Sirius who starts it and Remus who stops them. Josette was surprised when he spoke back. "There's a reason why you are in different house. Gryffindor thinks it was brave. Slytherin thinks it was silly. You both are right."

"So, you admit it was silly!" Severus said.

"I was but I couldn't take anymore of his bullshit. Whenever he says 'muggleborn' first thing comes into my mind is 'Lily' and then I just want to rip his head out!!" Josette said as anger again rose into her thinking about it.

Josette drived further away from the Manison and took a stop outside a muggle store. She turned around in her seat looking back at the two boys. "Listen here. You can't tell anyone what happened there, alright?? Even about the Slytherin gang at Hogwarts." The boys nodded in understanding.

"And you-" she pointed at Severus, glaring at him. "At least now, stop hanging with those Slytherins. Or you are going to be his next recruit."

"I know, I shouldn't have come there but I trusted Lucius." He mumbled sadly, feeling betrayed. "I'm sorry it won't happen again." He promised.

"And you-" she pointed at the wolf-boy "You can't tell Sirius, James or Peter about it. Especially Sirius, he cannot know that Regulus is now a death eater. You understand??" She warned.

"Isn't that lying? To your best friends??" He asked unsure about her demand.

"It's protecting him from the truth. Regulus helped him run away from that hell and trapped himself inside it. This news will break his heart. You want to see that??" She tried to explain him the whole situation. Sirius will definitely break after hearing that. He knows that some day this is going to happen but he doesn't need to get a conformation.

Remus remained silent and kept thinking about it. Josette considered his silence as a 'yes' and started driving towards Snipper's End to drop off Severus.

"Is that what you are doing??" Remus suddenly asked.

Josette looked at him through the mirror with confusion. "Is that what you are doing?? Protecting us from the truth??" He resentenced his words.

Josette bit the inside of her cheek anxiously and kept looking at him through the mirror. "Protecting myself from the consequences." She mumbled.

"Mor-" he started but Josette stopped him. "Please, I had enough for one night. I can't take one more lecture, please."