40: You write a pretty good speech.

29 September: Courtyard

"So let me get this straight. James is Head Boy and Captain of the Quidditch team, Sirius is terrified of James having so much power, Peter broke up with his girlfriend and you and Remus are slowly losing your sanity?" Lily asked confused.

"That about sums up the first month of school." Josette shrugged as they entered the courtyard where the girls were waiting for them.

"Finally!!" Marlene exclaimed.
"We thought you ditched us again for your boyfriends." Alice added.

"No we didn't."

"Tonight we have Slug Club." Lily sat down on the bench and Josette next to her. "You coming right?" She looked at Josette.

"I have too."

"I don't get the point of these dinners. And his favoritism towards some students." Marlene said. "It's just too much."

"You are right. We just sit there have dinner and he all he talks about is these famous students he has taught!!" Josette huffed.

"I think he's nice." Lily said.

"And here speaks the teachers pet." Meredith commented and everyone laughed.

"I'm not a teachers pet." Lily screeched.

"Yes you are." The four girls yelled in unison.

"Whatever!!" Lily rolled her eyes.

"I wish if I was a Slytherin or a Gryffindor. I want to be in the same class as you." Meredith whined "Instead I am stuck with these Huffs and Ravenclaws." She huffed.

"Dumbledore thinks it will destroy the rivalry between the Snakes and Griffs but I think it raises more competition." Josette said wisely.

"You are right."

"You know what I was thinking." Marlene said.

"You always do that. What's it this time??" Alice asked.

"Hogwarts should have a ball. Like for only the 7th years and this our last year so, as a goodbye party??" Marlene raised any eyebrow, looking at everyone.

"You know, it sounds pretty cool." Meredith agreed.

"But someone has to talk with Dumbledore." Josette said.

"Why don't you. You are always in his office. What do you even talk about??" Alice questioned.

"Not always, sometimes." Josette corrected. "I think Lily should talk. She's the head girl, I'm sure he will listen to her."

"Yeah you should, please." Marlene pleaded looking at the girl.

"Okay, I'll talk but I'm not sure if he will agree." Lily agreed.

"Try your best!!"

Just then Severus walked into the Courtyard to get to the other end, alone. He glanced at Josette and waved, she waved back. His eyes wandered towards Lily but quickly moved away as he left.