43: You wish to sign your own death?"

16 December: Gryffindor Common Room

It's been 9 days since Josette has been kidnapped. The news was reported in the Prophet accusing that Hogwarts is not safe anymore and a girl gets kidnapped in the daylight by death eaters.

Dumbledore didn't wanted to get this news out in the public not only is question raised about Hogwarts protection over students but about Josette as well. Why would death eaters kidnapp a student?? Why is she so important??

The marauders had been used to stares around the school, it came with the fact that they were one of the most popular groups in Hogwarts.

But the stares they got were usually stares of anger, or amusement, or fear. This time, it was different. Pity. Everyone stared at them with pity.

Minutes after the news in Prophet had been published, the rumors had, of course, begun to flow.

'She's been kidnapped.'

'Kidnapped? Please, she's dead, it's almost 2 weeks.'

'Why would Voldemort even Kidnapp her??'

'What does he want from her?'

'She must have done something. You know how arrogant she is!!'

No matter what the rumor was that was circulating around that day, they all had something in common: everyone seemed to agree with the fact that Josette was dead. Every other person who went missing turned out to be dead after a few days. Why would it be different about her?

The group of teens resembled ghosts as they walked through the corridors. Long gone were the days were laughter and loud conversation followed the marauders or scheming and sarcastic comments followed Marlene and Meredith.

Now, they all had the same downcast looks on their faces, barely speaking unless they were spoken to first. They had taken to eating in the kitchens, not wanting to deal with everyone whispering about them in the Great Hall, as well as the empty seat on the Gryffindor table where Josette used to sit.

Marlene, Lily and Alice had decided to become the group's personal babysitters, making sure that everyone was taking care of themselves properly. Though were not successful every time.

James spent his days pouring himself over his work, trying to do anything to distract his mind of Josette. He missed her presence a lot. He is seen on his broom all the time, that was the only thing making him feel little better.

Peter was afraid, like a lot. Voldemort did kidnapped Josette. Everything Marcus said was now setting into place, he was telling the truth, maybe he was right about the future as well?? He began to question where her loyalty lies. Is she really on the dark lord's side as Marcus said or not.

Remus had decided to drink his sorrows away, always carrying around firewhiskey in a flask. The werewolf was hardly sober, even in classes, and his grades had begun to slip slowly.