33: Careful, he's mine.

26 July: Potter House

The three Marauders were in the living room, sprawled out on the couch, watching television. Sirius was laying his head on Josette's lap as she ran her hand through the his hair.

Till date, the only person anyone has ever seen touch Sirius' hair is Josette. James wants to change that.

"Pads, can I touch your hair?" James asked.

"Are you Mortis?" Sirius responded.

"...No"

"Then the answer is no."

Josette lets out a small laugh at the utter look of indignation on James' face.

Now, Sirius has his eyes closed, a smile on his face. Smirking, James scoots closer to him and places his right hand on Sirius' hair.

Almost immediately Sirius tenses, his eyes now wide open. He pointed his wand at the unwanted hand in his hair and shouted, "INCENDIO!"

Josette instantly yelled "NO!" While James yelps and pulls his hand away. Sirius' eyes go even wide when he realizes he was about to set fire to James' hand.

Luckily, the spell was not casted due to Sirius doing the wrong wand movement in his sleepy stupor. They look at each other before bursting into laughter.

"That was almost death for you, Prongs," Josette said in between laughs.

"I know right! Fried Potter." James replied

"That's probably a delicacy somewhere," Josette added jokingly.

"Merlin Prongs, I'm sorry about that but in my defense, I did warn you!" Sirius said slightly out of breath.

That day, James learned his lesson: not to ever touch Sirius's 'luscious mane', as he calls it.

"Gryffindor, lion, mane, get it?" Sirius explained.
"I do and it's stupid." James rolled his eyes.
"No, it's not, shut up James."

"Kids, dinner's ready." Mia shouts from inside. The three quickly ran into the kitchen, taking their place at the dining table.

They started telling Mia about the little hair incident while enjoying the food. Fleamont was working late tonight so, his place was empty.

Just then a black owl swept into the room and sat in front of Josette with a letter in his mouth. She took the letter from him and gave the bird some treats and he left as quickly as he came.

It looked like a invitation. Her name was written on top of the envelope in fancy letters. She opened it and inside was a card.

 She opened it and inside was a card