52: It's not the end.

20 June: Marauders Dorms

Last two weeks has been a headache for the seventh years. The NEWTs finally came to an end and the next 10 days is just to enjoy their time at Hogwarts for the last time. The NEWT results will come in next few days and the applications will be sent out to their dream jobs.

Josette is surprisingly excited for this auror training and can't wait to work beside Moody. Though she has to think about her living, she can't stay with Mia and Monty forever. And tonight's the big night. James is going to ask Lily to marry him, finally!!

Tonight is the ball for seventh years which Lily requested to Dumbledore about and he agreed. The Great Hall is transformed completely, decorated with fairies flying around illuminating the room, food and drinks tables around the corner, a elegant dance floor and music.

Tonight's the best night for the proposal and James is not going to let it go waste. But he is very nervous about it and Lily is worried why he's all acting strange. Josette convinced her it's because of the NEWTS result and nothing else and looks like she believed her.

James tugged on his dress robes, doing up the blue bow tie at his neck. He stared into the mirror. His hair was neat - neater than he had probably ever been. "I look utterly stupid." James murmured, and he reached to loosen the bow tie a bit, turning to look at the others.

Sirius was laying across his bed, already ready for the night. His white t-shirt tight around his arms, leather jacket laying in wait at the foot of his bed. His hair was already in place, a thick mane. Peter and Remus too had already finished getting ready. Peter had a suit coat on. He'd never ended up with a date - nor had Remus.

James ran his hand through his hair, messing up the Sleekeazy's work and tossing it about a few times, swinging his head up and down till it looked windblown, as though he'd just stepped off the Quidditch pitch, and stared into the mirror for a moment, adjusting his glasses, which had gone all askew in the violent shaking of his head. "Much better."

"Merlin's beard you're ridiculous, you looked grand before." Sirius announced.

James said, "Thanks but no." He turned around "Are you lot ready?"

"Been waiting on you two." Peter replied.

Sirius stood up grabbing his leather jacket and swinging it about his shoulders, popping the collar as the group left the room.

Downstairs, it was an absolute frenzy. The boys were all clustered about the portrait hole in their dress robes, poking at each other's neckties, straightening them out and muttering nervously. The marauders went over to stand by Frank, waiting for the girls to come downstairs. "This is the best part." Frank whispered "When you see them all gussied up for the first time. I swear. Wait 'til you see your Lily, James, it'll take your breath away." He winked and nudged James with a grin.

"Can't wait." James answered.

When the girls started coming down finally, Frank was right about most of them. Alice was the first one to come down along with Marlene. They walked towards the boys. "You look beautiful." Frank said and kissed his girlfriend's cheek who blushed in return. They linked arms as they walked into the great hall. Marlene and Peter walked together with Remus trailing behind them. James and Sirius were the only one waiting.