21: Huh? A monster?

8 December: Prefect's Bathroom

"You are out after curfew." Came moaning Myrtle's voice, startling her.

"Merlin!! Myrtle you scared me!!" Josette exclaimed.

"You disturbed me from my sleep!!" Myrtle yelled and floated directly in front of her, pointed a finger at her.

"Myrtle, Ghosts don't sleep." Josette said.

"That's just mean!!!" she started crying and floated away.

"I'm sorry?" Josette apologised. Myrtle floated back towards her "No one ever apologised to me. You are nice." She said sobbing.

"Thank you??" Josette said in a questioning tone.

They stayed there for few minutes. Myrtle was telling her some story of her childhood which Josette wasn't interested in.

"Myrtle, You are wearing your Hogwarts uniform." Josette said suddenly.

"Yes, I am." Myrtle said.

"So you died in your school uniform. Did you die here at Hogwarts??" Josette asked.

Myrtle started sobbing and nodded. "How did you die??"

"It was dreadful. It happened in the second floor girls lavatory." She sobbed harder "I was hidden in one of the cubicle because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying and then I heard somebody come in."

"Who was it??" Josette asked very interested in this story rather than about how she got bit by a spider.

"I don't know. I was distraught!" she snapped "But they said something funny, a kind of made-up language. And I realized it was a boy, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and.. I died."

"Just like that? How?" Josette was confused.

"I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes by the sink."

"Can you take me there?" Josette asked.

"Yes, I can." Josette got out of the water and dried herself. She slipped into her cloths and started walking towards the girls lavatory. Myrtle floating beside her. "Myrtle, in which year did you die??"

"1943." She replied.

That is the same year when Tom Riddle was at Hogwarts. "By any chance, did you knew a boy named Tom Riddle?" Josette asked.