63: I don't want you to go. Please.

Two days ago : Lysing Hail

James sat on the couch, sad and depressed. He gave up his auror career so he can spend their last days with his parents. There's no cure for dragonpox and he knows they don't have much time left. But the healers won't allow him to meet them as it is a highly contagious disease. For the last 5 days, when their health dropped rapidly, they are locked in their house, without any outside contact. Obviously the healers are there to look after them but they won't allow James and Lily to visit.

"James honey, don't be like this, please." Lily sat beside him.

"I just want to see them one more time, just once." He whispered.

"You know that's not possible. You could get infected by it and mom and dad wouldn't want that." She ran a hand through his hair. James sighed and hugged her tightly, crying unto her chest.

"Jo would've have figured out a way to meet them." He mumbled.

"Mom said not to inform her. Respect her wishes."

"I am, that's why I haven't pressed this yet." He held up a blue glowing cube.

Josette gave it to him before leaving for Asgard. She wasn't going leave them without any means to contact her, with Regulus stuck in their house, Mia and Monty's health and Marc looking for them, it's too much risk. She has same cube with her. If he presses it tightly, the one with Josette's would glow green and then she would know there's an emergency and can return back immediately.

But like Lily said, Mia didn't want to ruin her family time, something she wished for so long. Only if they knew it's already been destroyed.

Suddenly the fireplace glowed green and a man stepped out. "James Potter??" He asked.

"That's me."

"Euphemia and Fleamont Potter are admitted in St. Mungo's. Their condition is getting worse. They don't have much time." He informed.

James heart scattered into million pieces and without wasting any time they two floo'd to the Hospital.

He ran through the hallways desperate to see them. Just as he was going to enter the room, they healers pulled him back. "You're not allowed to go in."

"That's my mom and dad in there, I want to see them." He demanded.

"I'm afraid that's not possible."

James was so angry that he was going to hit him but just in time Remus stepped between. "Prongs, don't."
Lily sent him a Patronus while leaving, she knew James needed his friends the most right now.

James eyes teard up and shook his anger away. Without wasting a second the werewolf pulled him into a hug. "I'm so sorry, Prongs." He whispered.

They sat on the bench outside their room, dreading for the worst news to come. They waited the whole night outside, while James now and then pecked inside from the small window. Praying for a miracle, that they will be alright.