6: What Prophecy??

12 October: Slytherin Common Room

After spending her Sunday in the courtyard playing games and reading with her friends. Josette entered the Slytherin common room to get to her dorm. But was stopped by someone who Josette despised the most of all Slytherins.

“Here comes the Gryffindor Slytherin!!” Avery mocked. She rolled her eyes and started walking to the dormitories. Avery grabbed her arm “Why don’t you spend some time with us.” He said motioning at his friends Malfoy, Narcissa, Lestrange and Dolohov sitting on the couch.

She yanked her hand away “You touch me again with those hands and I will break it.” She hissed.

“See, that’s the reason I like you, you’re feisty!!” He smirked. Before she would insult him with her sharp tongue. “Leave her alone Avery.” Severus’s voice called out from behind him.

“And here comes the saviour.” Lestrange mocked coming to side with his friend.

“I will, when she agrees to go on a date with me.” Avery smirked.

“Avery, you seem like a… well let’s just say young women my age, prefer young men… not boys.” Josette said as a grin plastered itself on her lips.

Narcissa started giggling and the boys started ‘oohing’ as Severus laughed. Josette walked out of the portrait hole, Severus following behind.

“She got you there mate.” Lestrange laughed patting Avery’s back.

“Why don’t you just give up? She keeps insulting you.” Dolohov added.

“Well, I am gonna make her pay for that.” Avery hissed “And also, you know how the Dark Lord is gaining power, he said he need that girl on his side, Something’s special about her. So, my parents told me to get close to her.” he explained.

~☆~

“He’s right you know.” Severus said once the two of them sat down on the window sill.

“About what?”

“You are spending too much time with the Potter and his minions and Lily too. It’s like I have barely seen you and Lily since the school year has stared.” He said sadly, missing the company of his two best friends.

“I’m sorry.” She apologised “How about we meet tomorrow in the library. We both have a free lecture. I’ll ask Lily too.”

“That’s great. Deal.” His face lit up.

After few minutes they walked back into the common room. Thankfully it was empty. The two friends bid goodbye and went it the opposite directions. Josette walked into her dorm, eager to hop in the shower and relax.

“I’m assuming that, as always you were with that mudblood you called your friend.” Asked Daphne Greengrass, one of the roommates.

“Call her that again and won’t live to see the light of the day.” Daphne only scowled in response before going back to whatever she was doing.