73: Are you happy??

9 October 1988: Kamar Taj

Dear Meredith,

It's been so long. 7 years I know. Well first five I was locked in a basement so I really couldn't write and you can forgive me for that. And the next two... Elijah dropped me here at Nepal so I can...heal?? Yep that's what he said. And he also said to let go of the past and that included you too. So your brother is the reason for the absence of next two years, blame him.

But I couldn't keep anymore of this buried. I wanted to talk to someone, someone who knows everything I've been through. I just want to write how I feel about everything instead of talking to someone. And I couldn't think of anyone else but you.

I'm fully 'healed' now thanks to Mystic Arts and Kaecilius. He's my teacher while I'm here and he really helped me. He was harsh and strict at the start but you know me and my charm very well, I got into his good graces even though I suck at everything. Here's this magic they use to open portals to different locations it's like a basic spell, like 'Accio' for us. But it took me almost a year to learn it. Told you I suck!! I took off one of my bracelet a year ago and the other one just two days ago but I'm not sure if I'll ever use my powers again.

I thought I had every knowledge of this world but there's still so much to learn. The Library here is full of books I never know existed and it's my favorite place here, so 'Lily' of me but it's really fascinating. And about Lily and James, now that I'm in a safe place they don't have to worry about me and are spending all the time near Harry. I wish I could be there too...

No, no, no. I can't write about this. Elijah will kill me. But it's hard to let go. I think about him, everyday. I'm feeling guilty for not getting him out of there. I know the truth, I should help him... NO. FUCK!! I can't, I'm sorry.

As I was saying I love it here. Everybody's nice to me, but sometimes it make me wonder if it's because of who I am. I mean Kaecilius is rude to his most of the students, who are really great at everything and then there's me but he's nice to me. Do you think he has any ulterior motive?? No!! What am I saying??! It can't be. I'm just being paranoid. He really looked after me these two years and cared. I shouldn't say these things about him.

All these people here are, like Ancient One said, broken. Someone lost their family, wife, son, daughter, they lost a piece of themselves. But here it was mended with the people just like them, who lost something. They filled eachother and became a family. I feel like I can be one of them as well. I'm not giving up on my past. I just need some more time. And when I'm ready, I'll make everything right, for Harry, for Sirius, for Remus, for Severus, everyone. I promise.

Josette sighed and closed her dairy. I felt so good to finally let everything out. Not really everything but some things are better kept concealed.

KNOCK*
She turned towards the door and saw Kshitij standing in the doorway of her room. He was her first friend after she got here. He too helped her a lot with everything.