44: I want to be on top, Mortis.

21 December: Potter House

The marauders and Lily decided to stay together for the Holidays to get them through this hard time. Dumbledore came knocking on their door early morning. The marauders and Lily got their hopes up, thinking it had something to do with Josette but they were left in tears and heartbroken.

Meredith is dead. She was killed last night. No one knew what to say, no one knew what to do. They were only seventeen, they were far too young to be dealing with so much grief. They lost a great friend in the war. Remus lost the love of his life.

"What do you mean-" croaked Remus,
"What do you mean she's..she's.."

"Dead, Mr. Lupin. I'm deeply sorry." said the Headmaster.

The parents were at the corner of
the room, looking at everyone
apprehensively, trying to keep the tears
from falling. They only met her once but she was already a part of the. They couldn't see their children like this, first Josette and then Meredith.

"How?" asked James.

"There was an attack on their house. Mr. Coleman is dead. The two were alone in the house when death eaters attacked them."

Lily looked around "Headmaster, if it
isn't too much to ask, could you, uhm.."

"Of course, Miss Evans, you may
have your privacy." he nodded and then gestured to the older wizards in the room and the three of them left the teenagers alone.

No one spoke for a while. Remus was the worst off, he was shaking in his seat, silent tears making their way down his cheeks as he tried to appear strong and unphased.

But in reality, the werewolf couldn't do it anymore. His girlfriend had died, one of his best friends is missing and his life is fucking mess.

"She's dead." whispered Peter "She's dead."

James placed a hand on his brother's shoulder affectionately.

"No Merlin!! how can't you see it!" exclaimed Peter "We're getting picked up. This is all Josette's fault. She started dispute with the Dark Lord and now he's targeting us one by one. It started with Josette-"

"Don't you dare finish that fucking sentence Pettigrew." snapped Sirius, standing up

"You need to accept it, all of you!" screamed the boy "Josette is dead, Meredith is dead, next one will be from one of us."

"Peter, watch it." warned James, feeling his own anger rise.

"Marcus was right. We all are going to die because of her!!" Peter shouted.

"Marcus?? Now you are on first name basis with the Slytherins?? Since when did you started talking with them??" Sirius questioned. Peter didn't say anything. "Peter?"

"I wasn't talking with him. He came to me and told me her plan." Peter mumbled.

"What plan??" James asked.