29: I had to.

17 May: The Great Hall

"Good Morning." Josette greeted her friends as she and Sirius sat down at the Gryffindor table for breakfast.

"Morning." Everyone said in unison.

"When did you returned??" Marlene asked as she piled up her plate with pancakes.

"Late last night." Meredith replied.

"So, how's your mother?" Remus asked.

"Better now." Meredith replied looking down at her plate.

Just then the owls swooped in with letters and parcels. Josette was shocked when a howler dropped in front of her.

"Hey, Josette got a howler!" James laughed. "What did you do??"

"I don't think I did something wrong, did I?" She was confused herself seeing the howler.

"Whose it from??" Sirius asked. Josette picked up the red envelope and saw a name written on the right corner.

"Jenna." She read. Meredith and Josette shared a look. Does she know we sneaked out of Hogwarts??

"Come on, open it." Remus said.

"NO. Not in front of everyone." Josette said clutching the envelope tightly to her chest.

"That's what howlers are meant for. So everybody can listen." Sirius said and went to take the letter from her. Josette moved it away from him, Sirius struggling to get hold on it when James sneakily snatched it out of her hand.

"James Fleamont Potter. Give it back." Josette hissed and stood up, running towards him.

"Not a chance." He laughed immediately opening the envelope.

"JOSETTE HART!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOU ARE IN!!!" Jenna's voice rang through the hall as everyone's attention turned towards it, even the professors.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!! SNEAKING OUT OF HOGWARTS! HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID?? AND NOT JUST THAT, YOU WALK DIRECTLY INTO DANGER. HOW CAN YOU THINK OF FACING THE FERðAMENN ALONE?? AND MEREDITH." the howler turned from Josette to the said girl who gulped in fear "YOU DIDN'T TRY TO STOP HER AND JUST WALKED RIGHT TOWARDS YOUR DEATH. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A CHAT ABOUT THIS AFTER WE MEET. TILL THEN DO ANYTHING STUPID AND I WILL COME THERE TAKING YOU OUT OF HOGWARTS!!" Meredith nodded in fear even though Jenna can't see her.

The howler turned towards Lily and said in a soft voice "Lily." The howler again turned towards the Slytherin table facing Severus. Jenna doesn't know that they had a fight and Severus is not talking to them. She still thinks he's their best friend. "Severus. Please keep a watch on these two. Don't let them get away from your sight for more than an hour." With that the howler burst into flames and shriveled into ashs.

Josette and Meredith sat silently, avoiding everyone's eyes. Sirius was fuming with anger and sadness. She lied to me AGAIN!!

James coughed breaking the awkward silence. "Mor-"