Chapter 1

My name is Erica. I live in uptown Manhattan in a two-bedroom loft shared with my roommate/ friend named Joe. I woke up like every morning with the sun shining through the window with a slight breeze coming through. I got out of my bed and went into the restroom. I looked in the mirror to see a huge scar on my forehead. Luckily I have bangs which mostly covered the scar. I breathed heavily as I walked out of the restroom after finishing my business and opened the door to be met by Joe.

"Joe I told you. You don't have to wake me up."
"I just wanted to give you your pills. You know I've been worried about you ever since the accident!". "I know Joe and I thank you for helping me through this but I just need some space." Joe had his arm on his neck scratching it as he laughed nervously.

"You're right. Just take these and I will be out of your hair" he urged. I took the glass of water out of his hand and took the pill."Okay, now I gotta go. See you later". Ten months ago me and my fiancé got into a bad accident. It was a bad storm we were on a steep road. Somehow our car flipped over and my fiancé had died. I was left with a sprained arm and a scar on the top of my forehead. I still miss him but my friends think it's time to move on. While walking outside the loft I see a black limousine pulling up. My driver Bertram opens the door.

"Good morning Ms.Erica" he greets.
"Good morning Bertram. How's Shirley."
"She's doing good she's been scolding me for working late".
"Well, you know Ms.Shirley. I'm letting you off early tonigh".
"Thx miss."

He starts to drive and we talk for a while till we get to the Garrison estate. Shirley and Bertram have been a part of our family since I was little. Shirley, Bertram's wife was my nanny but since I turned twenty she's become the staff manager. Luna there daughter and I have played with each other since we could crawl.

"We have arrived miss".
When I see the thick black gates I remember All the good memories I had. The car comes to  a stop. I hop out to see my mother and father at the top of the steps. I run up the steps and hug them.

My mom was light skin with long brown hair to her bra. My mom looked thirty but she is currently fifty. My dad was tall 6'3 dark skin. Fifty-one years old. My dad had a pretty smile and gray black-gelled hair. It curled at the top and the bottom was shaved.

"Mama , Papa".
"My sweet daughter finally you're here your mother has been driving me crazy with this brunch" my dad said.

I laugh as my mom grabs my dad by the ear.
"Come in dear your father can stay outside".
I look at my dad and walk-in while they both follow behind me. I see the two long black staircases on each side of the room. The silver chandelier in the center completes the gray wall matte finish. I continue to walk into the kitchen where I see my two siblings at the dining room table.

"Sis. Finally, you're here come sit down so we can finally eat." My older brother Tyler who is brown dark skin with black curly hair grabs my hand.6'0 ft with a muscular build said.
"Sit right here". My older sister Taylor who has light skin and a blonde highlighted short bob.
As we all sit down I look at the table and there's one more seat there.

"So, where are my nieces and nephew Tyler" I asked. "Well you know Brian wanted to take him over to his parent's house and I didn't want to miss brunch with my favorite sister.
"Well you're not my favorite sibling either," Tyler said snidly.

I laugh at Taylor and Tyler. Of course yes there twins the only difference between them is their skin tones other than that there practically the same person. There four years older than me. Making them 25 and me 20. What's annoying is there both married. Tyler is gay and married his high school sweetheart while Taylor married her best friend Tyron from College.

We continued eating laughing and talking. Our Sunday brunch was always mandatory and something I looked forward to. As the chef was serving the dishes the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it ." my father said.
He went out of the kitchen to the door. We all kept eating. My dad came back with someone. I looked up and saw
"Joe".

*******************

Hey guys I have made many books but hopefully, I will get more readers with this one. I hope you liked this chapter. Please like and comment.