Chapter 77

Erika POV
I couldn't understand what Joe had said but the ladies began to squeal girlishly. "Thank you, the man downstairs will pay you" Joe gave them pearly white smile taking my arm leaving. Joe had on a tux that showed off his defined muscles.

I could hear the violinist and piano play as we came down the stairs. There were many unknown faces. As we got to the bottom of the steps everyone moved giving us our own walkway. They stared and whispered as we made our entrance into the gorgeous ballroom. "The ceremony is the last thing to happen. So, talk with the other women till they call for us" Joe whispered before unwrapping his hands from my arm.

I huffed looking at the line up of women coming toward me. "Hello" one of the women curtsied to me. I looked at her with disbelief as the other women laughed. "You don't have to do that" I told the woman. "We're supposed to bow, you're about to be our new Donna". The tallest woman looked down at the girl and I with a smirk.

"Not a real Donna. She's not even part of the families. She's an outsider" the woman snarked. "Yea, I will never bow to an outsider" another girl laughed. I rolled my eyes tired and annoyed of these women. "I'm glad I'm not apart of your sick families. I would have become a bitch like you all" I laughed. I turned walking away leaving the women upset at what I had said.

I came over to the bar where the bar tender looked me up and down. I could tell he knew who I was."I know he already told you that I can't drink. I just want a tea" I glared. The bar tender didn't move an inch. "How about letting the lady get her drink" a man stood beside me. The bartender began making me a drink moving around like a Robot. Now who is this fella.

"Thx" I smiled annoyed with the bartender. "I'm sorry, they don't let the women order. Only the men can". "What kind of bullshit is this" I lightly hit the table. "Trust me. I hate it as well" he said pushing his hair back. He was quite handsome and had a soft voice. He had blonde shoulder length hair that was cut in layers.

His suit was a cream color and tie matched my red dress. He was tall but slim. Although you could tell he had subtle muscle in places. "Should I bow or kiss your hand, princess...I mean queen" he joked. "Neither, I hate all of  this crap" I sighed feeling refresh to finally talk to someone who was normal. 

"I know lots of women are force to be in this life but I didn't think the queen would have to be" he explained. "Well number one force girl right here" I chuckled at my misery. "And you don't have to call me queen. My name is Erika. Your name is" I said holding out my hand. "Victor" he smiled shacking my hand.

We continued talking and he was funny. I placed my hand on his chest trying to catch my breathe. "Stop it" I laughed a little too loudly. Victor covered his mouth so did I looking at the  couple near us. "Too loud, with that piggy laugh" he snapped. "And you with that Santa like laugh. HO, HO" I impersonated.  My throat cracks up from the laughing and I take a sip of my drink.

JOE POV
Turing around, she places both her hands on his chest. She smiles at him then they began to laugh. I see she has a glass in her hand. The dark liquid looked like bourbon in her cup. Is she trying to kill our child? I shove everyone out of my way, my eyes on her. All I see is fire and that man head on a stick.

I make my way over to them. Erika sees me and she stops smiling. You always top smiling when she sees me but with another man. How many times do I have to kill another man you choose over me. "Erika" I said grabbing her hand standing between them. "What are you- . I cut her off.

"Victor" I said with distain. "Joseph" he said. "Don't speak to the queen. You wouldn't want to get hurt by accident of course" I said threatening him in a nice tone. He was the head of the Russian mafia. Our mafia's were on thin ice so I couldn't kill him. "Threatening me old friend"he smiled.

"Friends don't flirt other friend's wives" I stated leaving him standing there. I dragging Erica out of the ballroom. "Hey" she yelled. I continued going up the stairs. I let her go once we were both in the room. "Did you try to kill our child? We're you seriously drinking alcohol" I yelled. Erika face frowned up in anger.  "I wouldn't do that but you have the audacity to drag me out of the ballroom like I'm some child" she yelled.

"I told you to act right. You're disrespecting me with the a Russian man no less. Laughing, flirting at our coronation. You're acting like a slut" I said letting go of her arm.  She scoffed "and you're acting like a bitch. Whining about what I'm doing wrong. What about you" she said. With all my anger I slapped her making her fall to the floor.

"You will stay here till it's time for us to get crowned" I ordered.