Chapter 20

Erika POV
The weekend was over. It was Monday morning and it was time to go to work. I got dress putting on a black pencil skirt with a white button up. I took one last glance in the mirror and headed out. Joe was standing in the kitchen with no shirt on. "I told you shirt on. Will doesn't feel comfortable with you without one" I sighed. "Trouble in Paradise" his eyebrow arches while taking a sip of coffee.

"No" I yelled. "Before you leave take this." this Joe said looking at the white pill in his hand. I sighed downing the pill and glass of water behind it. I heard a ping from my phone to see Will's face appear. "Gotta go" I yelled. "Don't forget your sisters coming over" I heard Joe yell before closing the door.

Once I got downstairs I hoped in Wills car. "Good morning babe" Will kissed my cheek. My ears got hot and I started blushing. He handed me a cup of capcinno and a breakfast sandwich. While Will drove I ate my breakfast.

We got to the job five minutes early. I met up with Luna while going up the elevator. "The boss finally's gonna decide who gets the promotion" Luna squealed. "It's gotta be you" Luna grabbed my arm. The door opened to the office where I could see Will sitting down. I got to my seat and started working.

After about an hour the ceo and his secretary came down to our department. "Hello, everyone I have an announcement to make. The promotion period is over and I would like to graduate William" the Ceo clapped. My breath hitched until l realize everyone was clapping and cheering.

Will went off with the Ceo to talk and Luna came up to me. "I can't believe he got the promotion. He just got here. I would think it would be you" she explained. "I'm happy for him," I say sadly. "What are you gonna do know" she grabbed both my hands. "What do you mean". "Well the promotion is in Paris. If he accepts it are y'all gonna be long distance for four months" she looked at me.

I hadn't talk to Will and had skipped lunch. Finally, the workday was over, which made me rush home as soon as the clock stroked 5. I grabbed my purse and headed to the elevator. A group of people came in with me. Right when the door was about to close Will stopped the door. He got in standing right near me.

"You haven't spoken to me ever since the promotion hearing" Will glanced over at me. I tightened my hand on my purse facing the elevator doors. "Are you mad at me? " he asked. People behind us started whispering. "This is not the time nor place," I said while gritting my teeth. "Then when is " he turned around looking at me fully.

The elevator finally stop on the first floor. I grabbed Will's hand pulling him into the janitor's room. "If you don't want me to take the promotion then I won't" Will said while holding my hand. I broke my hand away "I want you to accept the promotion. It's just" I started blubbering.

Tears started falling from my eyes "just leave me". I ran out of the janitor's room leaving Will alone. Once I got outside I pulled out my phone trying to hold in my tears. "Hello". "What's wrong," he said. "I need you" I said. "I'm coming".

After ten minutes a black Mercedes pulled up fiercely stopping in front of me. Joe got out of the car running over to me. He took off his coat wrapping it around me. He opened the door to the back seat then he got in."Drive" he told the man up front. I started whimpering while Joe petted my hair.

"What happened" Joe asked. "Will got a promotion. He's moving to Paris" I cried. "It's just we just started dating and I really like him" I sniffled. After a few minutes my eyes had began to feel droopy. I had cried myself to sleep.

Joe POV
I smiled while listening to Erica's breathing. Finally the boy was gone. I wouldn't have to kill him. It wouldn't be that hard to cheer Erika up. I will get her back to herself and we will get married.

I drove home and carried her up the stairs. When I came into the house Taylor was sitting on the couch. She got up noticing the tear stains on Erica's face. "What happened" Taylor asked angrily. "Will and her broke up," I said while trying to hold in a smile. "Wipe that smile off your face. I know you didn't like him but Erica is in pain right now" she sighed.

I laid Erika on the couch which woke her up. As soon as she noticed Taylor's face she jumped into her arms. She began sobbing into Taylor's arms" shh" Taylor tried calming her down. I couldn't watch this any longer so I went into my room.

She's crying over a guy who's trash. I can give her whatever she wants. Her family might be wealthy but not like mine. No one can love her or take care of her the way I can. Sometimes I just want to lock her up so she can only be with me. Happy.

I smiled " But she wouldn't like that".

*******************
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!
Poor Erika. Are Will and Erika really broken up?😏 . Please vote and comment it encourages to write more!