Chapter 85

Anthony POV
"You're welcome anytime" my mother smiled. "Thank you for the dinner and the extra tray" Kara smiled looking at the pan I was holding. We began to walk down the side walk to Kara house. "Seems my mother loves you". "I think she loves that I'm pregnant which is weird" she laughed.

I went silent and sighed. "It's not that surprising. The sister that I told you about that was pregnant a year ago. She lives with her husband. We haven't seen her in three months. My mother didn't agree with them being together. So, she gave her an ultimatum. She decided to stay with her husband and never see us again".

"I'm sorry to hear that, you must miss her a lot". "I do. I wish I got to see my nephew more than once" I said with a sad tone. We stopped at Kara's door step where her eyes fluttered up at me. "Trust me. She misses you all too. Try to talk to her" She said with a sad smile like she understood what my sister was going through. Kara let me in and I sat the pan of food on the marble table.

We stood in awkwardness. "Well thank you for the meal and your families great". "I'm glad you liked the food and my family" I smiled making Kara lips curve into a smile.
I gripped my neck looking at her. "Well I'm gonna go. Lock your door and I'm only a knock away if you need me" I laughed. Kara grinned waving goodbye then closed the door. I hit my head thinking over what i said.

Embarrassed over my cringe dialogue. I came back into the house with my mama watching a soap opera. I went up to my room throwing myself on the bed. "If she moved from New York. Why did she leave? Did she leave cause her baby daddy? Where's her family?

I went to bed thinking I wanted to learn about the girl next door.

Four days later
Erika POV
After, two days eating from the pan of food. It was gone. The third day I had burnt some food I was trying to make so i ate ramen. Now currently it was the fourth day and I was hungry. I bit my nails looking at the tv. The door bell rung and I tried looking through the peep hole.

My body shook what if it's him. I was too short to see so I slowly opened the door leaving a crack to see my eyes. Anthony tilted his head smiling "hey I was thinking that the food my mom made was probably eaten all up. So, I was wondering if I could cook for you and I brought this movie. We could watch...only if you want to". I smiled sighing feeling the fear leave my body.

"That sounds great" I said opening the door letting him in watching him carry grocery bags. I shook my head walking to the marble island. I sat on the black high chair. "Now what if I said no" I played. Anthony face went blank and a smiled appeared. "Then you would have missed out on an amazing meal". "Oh really" I grinned.

"If you think my mom can cook just wait till you taste mine" he smirked. I looked away blushing. Anthony began unwrapping things "do you need any help"? "You just sit and relax". I watched Anthony look around through cabinets for pans and pots. With his back turned it made me think back to ......Joe.

I shivered closing my eyes "hey, you cold" Anthony asked. Before I could say no he took off his jacket laying it on my shoulder. I smiled pulling myself into the jacket. "So, you got your cooking from your mother" I asked? Anthony juggled around for a bit then settled cutting stuff up in front of me.

"My dad owned a restaurant so I guess I got it from both of my parents" Anthony explained. "Hmm". "Before you ask he passed away when I was sixteen. In a car accident". "I'm sorry" I said looking him in the eye. He nodded looking back down going back to cutting. Anthony began to cut up tomatoes. While he turned around I grabbed a sliced piece popping it into my mouth.

Anthony turned around looking at cutting board then me. "What, I love tomatoes. Plus I've been starving". "Don't starve you could hurt the baby. Next time come get me and I will cook for you" he smiled. A flutter in my heart. Is this how couples are?

Anthony finished cooking and we sat on the couch with bowls of chili in our hands. "We're watching Shrek" I laughed. "What you don't like shreck" he asked. "No,no. Let's watch"I snickered. Anthony reluctantly started the movie. After Anthony got me three more bowls of the chili and I had drift to sleep. All I remember was feeling a blanket lay over me.