Chapter 79

JOE POV
Damn it. I shouldn't have slapped her. I said I wouldn't hit her anymore. And the scar it will show. Everyone would know. GOD I could hear  mother's mouth. I rolled my eyes going back upstairs. It had been an hour and the ceremony was about to start. I unlocked the door seeing Erika laying down on the bed in the dark room.

Why is she in the dark? She's afraid of the dark. I leaned against the door "Erika get up. It's time" I said softly. Erika didn't move so I walked over. I pulled the cover off her shaken body. "I promise I won't hit you any- .......more. What the FUCK" I said looking at the maid in Erika's room. "Sir" she looked scared. I gripped her by her hair making her face turn up towards me.

"Where is she bitch. Where's my wife" I asked? "She's gone away from you. You won't hurt her anymore" she said. I gripped her by her head dragging her downstairs. "Sir, what is" my men said looking at the girl I held . "My wife find her....NOW" I ordered. There were some guest looking at me while I looked at the woman.

"Stay here.... These people don't need to see you like this" Rico said. He gathered the guess back into the ballroom closing the door. "Sir, we searched everywhere and she's not here" one of my men said. "SHIT" I groaned . "I'm gonna kill you either way but it will painless if you tell me my wife's plan. Where she is" I growled.

"She should be long gone. I let her take my car" she smiled with a bloody nose. She looked behind me making me look at one of the guards. "YOU. Do you know her" I asked. "She's my wife" he said clenching his jaw looking at her. "You and him......all of you are the same. You beat on us and try to take our children. I wont let the same thing that happened to me happen to our DONNA" she sobbed.

"It wasn't your place. Just like it isn't my place to handle you. I will let your husband handle you. Deal with her now" I ordered the man. I let her hair go and left her in the room with her husband. As my men close the door I could hear screaming and things getting knocked around in the room. "When he gets done even if she isn't dead. Kill her and him" I ordered.

"Yes, sir" the two men bowed standing in front of the door. Rico joined back with me. "I want you to take a group of men and go to the loft. That's where she probably went first. I need to stay here keep the families occupied while you find her. This coronation must happen" I told him. He nodded leaving the mansion. I buttoned up my suit and headed back into the ballroom.

"When she gets back she won't leave my side ever again. Forget seeing her family. You just don't know when to quit, Erika".

Erika POV
"Here you are" the taxi driver chirped. I handed him a hundred dollar bill. "Keep the change" I said closing the door. I went down the steps coming into the big building. I stood in line at the ticket booth when finally it was my turn. "Where would like to go mam" the lady asked with a bored expression. "Houston" I said looking behind me. "The next train doesn't come till seven in the morning" she said frankly.

"What" I shouted making people behind me stare. "Are you sure" I asked worriedly and anxious. "I'm sorry mam but do want the Houston train or not" she replied. "Fine" I said handing her a hundred bill. She handed my ticket and change. I thanked her and sat at one of the benches. I was cold, hungry but what was worst. The kicking feeling in stomach thinking what would happen if he found me?

I watched the big clock tick waiting for the hours to pass. It was 6:45 am when I decided to go tot he bathroom . I held my bag closely going into the restroom. I did my business and came out to see Rico with men in suits near the entrance. They stood at the top of the stairs looking around. He spoke to them and they spread out.

My heart raced while walking normally to the train director. It was 6:54. I just needed to board I told myself. I got a few feet to where train director was checking tickets. I got in line having my face turn away from the area of walking people. One lady in front of me and I would be able to board.

I turned slightly to see Rico's back towards me. He was answering the rest of his men on a phone. "You checked the bathroom" he asked. I just hoped he didn't turn around. The woman moved and I quickly gave the train man my ticket. He looked at it taking his time to tell it was a fake. I tapped my hand against my shaking leg. He let me on and as I walked through the aisle. I saw Rico turn looking at the line like he sensed I was just there.

I smiled sitting in my seat in the back. The conductor got on the train and the sound of the engine ran. I got away. There would be a new life for my child and I.