Chapter 43

Will POV
After, about an hour of the situation, two other men came in. They took the two guys and cleaned up the mess. Erika had passed out from the stress as I continued to hold her. Her skin looked pale and her lips were dry from dehydration.

Every breath I took felt like I had been stabbed. I wasn't as worried for myself as I was about Erika.

"I have to get us out of here".

Joe POV
My father and mother sat at the end of the dinner table interested in one another. "Honey, I'm thinking of buying a camera so I can make a book for our trip. What do you think". My father touched my mother's hand smiling. "Whatever you wish," he said kissing her hand.

Since I was young I had always been cold-hearted. It was hard to show my emotions until I met Erika. I realized I wanted what my parents had. I want Erika and I to be together. Whatever it takes.

I heard the butler open the door to see my brother come in. "Father, Mother. I see you too are enjoying yourself. What's got you all excited" He sat down on the opposite side of me. My mother coughed stiffening. "We're going on a trip" my mother mumbled.

My brother scoffed looking at my dad. "Was this your idea". "No it was mine" I stared at him. "I need to talk to you," I said sternly getting up from the table. Marcus got up following me. "Mother. Father" he closed the door.

My brother has always hated the relationship our mother and father have. Our grandmother before she passed away told us the story of our parents. How my father forced our mother to marry him. When Marcus found out he swore he would never do that to a woman. He wanted Mother to get away from Father but Marcus is too weak. He knows he will never beat our father.However, I thought their story was amazing. Either way my mother eventually fell in love with our father.

"Why would you let her leave with that man" my brother gripped my shirt. "I need to take over the Don position quickly" I muttered. "Why" he asked with a confused look. "You don't need to know. Now let me go" I pushed him away. Marcus looked at me sideways and smiled in realization.

"Luna hasn't been able to contact Erika. Do you know anything about that" he questioned. "Nothing that concerns you". "If you did something to her brother- " he started to speak. "What will you do? Nothing. Tell Luna to keep her mouth shut" I growled. Marcus fist went flying into my cheek making me fall to the floor.

Marcus stomped out slamming the door. I shook my jaw trying to fix the pain. I clicked my tongue standing up and looking at the butler. "Do you need some ice sir"? "No," I said holding my cheek and going upstairs.

Will POV
Erica had slept through the night. I had come up with a plan which involved Erika being awake. "Baby" I questioned rubbing her face. "Hmm" she groaned. The once yellow bruises were purple. "You have to wake up" I whispered while glancing at the two cameras in the corner.

I dragged Erica leaning her against the wall as her eyes closed slightly. Still chained up I stood up hearing the door open. One guy in a suit came carrying two plates. "We're being generous because of the issue that happened yesterday. Boss told us to not bring any food for you both if you haven't eaten what we gave you before".

I scoffed scowling at him. The man turned around setting the food on the floor that's when I pounced. I span him around punching him hard enough to knock him out. Breathing heavily I searched his pockets for a key. I found it and ran over to the wall. I unlocked the shackles on my neck making it clank and hit the ground.

I bent down holding Erica's face. "Erika" I shouted. She weakly opened her eyes smiling at me. "I'm going to be right back. I'm going to get us out of here, okay" I searched her eyes. She nodded her head tearing up looking at me. I kissed her head running out of the room. I kept my back close to the walls slowly walking. I stopped at the corner looking to see if anyone was there.

When I checked that no one was there I continued until there were others in a cell-like room. There was a small peephole to see them. There were some prisoners hanged by their hands while others were strapped to a table. Once I had got to the end I came upon some stairs.

I walk up the stairs opening up at the latch to find an old living room. In the corner, there was a setup with five tv screens that have surveillance. In front was a chair where a man sat. Our eyes stared into one another waiting for one to make a move.

I jumped up from the underground staircase running towards the man. He pulled out a knife trying to slash at me. I jumped back falling to the ground and holding my ribs. Once he walked up I kicked him in the shin making him drop his knife. We both thrashed around throwing blow to blow. Until I thrashed for the knife stabbing him in the stomach.

"He - ... will...kill..you," he said gasping before bleeding out. I turned around with a murderous look holding the knife tightly. Erika fell to the ground breathing heavily with dry paled skin. She began breathing hard and heavily screaming. I held her checking her face "How..how could he do this. Did you see all those people. He's inhumane " she wept.

She tried getting up on her own but  I held her legs holding her bridal style.

"It's okay. We're gonna escape".

*******************
Hi, hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!